“It was all about the view!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Lynchburg, Virginia
“It was all about the view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

There are advantages to checking in late in the evening, as I was upgraded to a room with a marina view! It was lovely looking out to the water at night time and just as enjoyable with morning coffee. Free parking, very friendly staff, and a super comfortable bed made this a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to offer such a nice review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with everything from the great view of our marina as well as our friendly staff. I hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Mary Elizabeth Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We found this hotel to be very nice and convenient to the Hampton Coliseum. The staff was very friendly and helpful in informing us about local restaurants. The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable!!!! I would love to see this hotel have an indoor pool to use all year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sheshe,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about our hotel. I am glad that our staff was able to assist you and offer some great suggestions about Hampton. The coliseum does a whole variety of shows, so if you are ever back in the area for another show, hopefully you will visit with us again.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The entire experience was nice. They check in was nice, the room was nice, the staff were nice, the parking was plentiful, the location was nice. It was very nice. We were on a floor that was marked no smoking, but we smelled smoke in the halls. Once we got inside the room - nice!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, the difference between the room with the view of the marina and a regular room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Necola,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina hotel. I am glad that you offered the tip of reserving a room with a view because the view is awesome! Personally, I enjoy having the marina right out our back door! It just makes for a great backdrop for our downtown area of Hampton!

If you are in the area again, I hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night w/ another couple. We arrived late(after 10pm) and asked if we could have a marina view room if any were available. We were told that they had some available but b/c we booked from a 3rd party site they could not let us stay in one. We travel quite a bit and understand that they could have upgraded us if they wanted to b/c it was so late. We did point this out but were still given a city view room. The lady at the front desk was pleasant but we knew from this experience the staff at this hotel were not going to go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. They were pleasant but that's all you get.

Room: The bed was hard and not that comfortable. The decor and room was dated. You can definitely see the wear and tear in the rooms. However, for one night it was fine.

I would stay here again if I was in the area but I would not pay full price for the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear BriaNicole:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that you shared your feedback about the check in experience. I have shared your feedback with our front office team in an effort to prevent this from happening again. We do try to offer updgrades when the hotel is not sold out simply to show our guests that we value them and appreciate them for staying with us.

I do hope that you choose to visit us again in the near future!

Hollywood, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Spent two nights here while visiting the city docks. close to virginia air and space which is worth seeing. nice town for walking. breakfast and dinner were great. staff friendly. would stay there again. bar was good also. sort of quiet off season.

Room Tip: marina view but cost a bit more
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Tom S.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Hampton. I must agree that it is defintely quiet here in the off season and yet it does give you a chance to still explore and appreciate the history of our downtown Hampton area which features the Air & Space Center along with some great restaurants and quaint shops.

Please feel free to visit with us again on your next trip to Hampton.

Lake Ozark, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I were on a 2600 mile road trip from Missouri to the east coast. It was late in the day before we arrived at your Hotel to attempt to reserve a room. We always enjoy a hotel that is located near the water. Jaimee at the front desk was very helpful finding a vacancy at the last minute due to a cancellation. This resulted in an excellent experience staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
To Our East Coast Bound Traveler:

Thank you for taking the time to share your most positive experience at our beautiful Crowne Plaza oin the Marina. I too love traveling and staying at places on the water and the marina view is definitely gorgeous on nice sunny days! I hope that if you are ever back here in the Hampton area that you will visit with us again!

Safe travels as you continue on your east coast journey!

Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My son and daughter-inlaw were married there. The wedding was catered and decorated by the hotel. A the mother of the groom i had chance to stay in Plaza Suite which is the largest suite in the hotel. The hotel staff were exceptional. Ms. jamie House stayed in touch with me to assist me every need. What a sweet heart. Mr. Richard Martin was very cool and hospitable.
He made me feel at ease about my stay there. Thanks also to Ms. Cheesman for staying back late on Friday to accomodate me with the suite. Thank you desk clerks for your personal touch.
Ms. Marilyn Jones

Room Tip: The rooms were very elegent, clean and nice decor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Ms. Jones,

Thank you so much for posting such a great review about your experience at our hotel. Your kind words about the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated! My staff commented to me about how much they enjoyed hosting your family and friends. Please keep us in mind for your next event that may be in the Hampton area. I wish your son and daughter -in-law a wonderful and happy marriage!

Warmest Regards,
Mary Elizabeth Collins

Been to Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina? Share your experiences!