“In town for KHS Reunion” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 26 hotels in Hampton
Lorton, Virginia
“In town for KHS Reunion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here two nights to attend my KHS reunion. The hotel is in need of some renovation most noticeably in the elevators. I was given misinformation at check-in and did not get my breakfast coupons. While the location and views are nice, the price and amenities do not measure up. I think if I were to go back I would stay elsewhere. I did enjoy being able to see the carousel that reminds me so much of my childhood and has to be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The wait staff at the outdoor restaurant were very helpful. There is no direct access from the hotel to the restaurant and it was in the middle of a significant storm. My waitress went around and opened the emergency door to allow me inside without walking out in the heavy rain. The room was also very warm and the air conditioning did not see to help.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view and it was very nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Crowne Plaza hotel. I am sorry that not everything measured up to your expectations. Our hotel is the only hotel in Hampton that is situated at the marina and can provide our guest with breath taking views. The staff and I do strive to exceed the expecations of our guests and apologize the shortfalls you experienced. Hopefully, you will give us another chance if you are back in the area.

Regards,
Mary Elizabeth Collins

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very nice hotel. Staff is very professional & efficient. I would definitely stay here again. Also, would recommend to friends and family. One particular staff member was very helpful to my family and I. Her name is Tawanne Crowell.

Room Tip: You want a room over looking the bay. Great view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Elimu:

What fabulous feedback you have chosen to share about our fine hotel at the Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina! I know that the staff always is thrilled when they get recognized by name on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you had a very pleasant stay with us and hope you return to see us again soon!

Warm Regards,

Mary Elizabeth Collins
Mason City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel for our vacation and 30th anniversay. We stayed at this hotel for 7 days and had a great time. The room was wonderful with an awesome view. The hotel staff were a friendly and very helpful. I would not have second thoughts staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a marina view.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Fair hotel. Room was outdated and shabby. Bathroom sink would not drain. Glass shower door would not stay on track. Bed was so soft we had hard time sleeping. Water out of sink faucet was always warm, no matter what temp you wanted. No micro fridge-something I expect at this price range. Lousy set ups for coffee. After second day had consistant problems with house keeping- not showing up, not re-stocking coffee. Breakfast buffer (NOT included) was horrible. Free parking was nice. Overall, this hotel is way too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Katmatt_12,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm pleased you were happy about the free parking. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the issues you had with your room accommodation and services you received. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Took the family to visit friends in the area. Nice hotel, clean rooms and friendly staff.

Only downsides would be that the hotel was packed and only one elevator seemed to be working - and that there was a scene at the bar/restaurant, but that appeared to have far more to do with the patron than the staff.

Overall nice stay and great location.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is an excellent Crowne Plaza, well located for the Hampton Road area and good communications for Williamsburg/Jamestown. As Priority Club members we were provided with free breakfast and got an excellent room on the top floor overlooking the harbour. The Oyster Bar (part of the hotel) was lovely in the evening with good value food, friendly service and live music on Wednesday night. Staff were excellent throughout.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Scarsdale, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel itself was a regular Crown Plaza but we were in Hampton for a basketball tournament and my son has Celiac Disease and can not eat gluten. Chef Wade had a clean pan for us and special made my son's meals. The wait staff were also aware and took extra care of us. Its so hard to travel with dietary constraints, many thanks to the Chef Wade and staff!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jeffrey F, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Ellen S,

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass the compliment on to Chef Kevin and his staff! We appreciate your business!!

Warmest Regards,

Jeffrey Fork

Been to Crowne Plaza Hampton Marina? Share your experiences!