“Awful!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1905 Coliseum Drive, Hampton, VA 23666   |
Ranked #24 of 26 hotels in Hampton
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

What ever you do, don't make the mistake of booking here. There was mold growing on the walls, the carpet dirty and stainded. Broken light fixture in the bathroom. Run the other way as quickly as possible!!

• Stayed August 2013

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Windsor
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was in the "ChoiceHotels" group. The moment I checked in at the desk, I should have known something wasn't right. There was a hooker trying to get a room while I was checking in. Mind you, I had just paid $90 for this "king suite". It was a dinky little motel room with a king bed. The comforter was stained, crack pipe burns on the 80s-era carpet, a big dent in the side of the microwave as if someone punched it, the electrical outlet was loose, one of the drawers on the dresser wouldn't close, the bed skirt was ripped, and the shower was difficult to turn on. Phone would not call the front desk, instead when you dial "0", it rang another lady's room who was also dissatisfied with her stay. I was astounded that I just paid $90 for this $30 motel room. AND: it's located in a NOT-SO-SAFE AREA!!! BEWARE!!! NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money. None of the rooms are even worth $30. And I do actually have photos. I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The only reason I gave this hotel two stars is because, the front desk clerk Senethia was great and very polite. They are lucky to have her. We arrived at 3:30 PM and our room wasn't ready. About 5 minutes later a housekeeper came with some available rooms, and we were able to get one of those. I felt very bad for Senethia she had to deal with a lobby full of angry guests who didn't have a ready room. She still remained very calm, polite, and professional under the circumstances. The elevator is scariest thing. It looks and acts like it's going to break down at any moment. When I got to the room and opened the door the room smelled horrible. The bed sheets were clean, but that was about it. Continental breakfast food was the usual waffles, sausage, cold and hot cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, etc. The counters were clean, but all the tables were raggedy, the either leaned or had a broken leg or some other problem. I was scared hot coffee was going to fall on me. So I had to eat in the smelly room. I'm glad I only stayed one night. I'll never recommend or stay at this hotel. They need a makeover from head to toe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Can't say that I have anything significantly bad to say about my stay at this hotel. The one night I stayed there was pretty decent. The beds and pillow were clean and comfortable. The rest of the room was comfortable as well. I got my money's worth. Also, the area was very convenient. Easy access to food and shopping areas.

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked a room for my friend and I. it was 2 rooms really with a partial divider. Each room was to have 1 KIND BED. When i arrived there was 1 king bed and 1 pull out couch. i immediately went to the front desk and told them about the issue. the front desk lady then told me "yea its a pull out king". i said no it's not this is a double sized pull out at max not even a queen.. and the point of the matter is my friend has back problems and can and WILL NOT sleep on a pull out couch. especially if we reserved a room with 2 KING BEDS. she said that there was nothing she could do because they were booked full and she then told me the manager wasn't there for the day and that she would get up with me the next day. I enjoyed my time nearby which is why i was there. My friend left and booked another hotel room nearby hoping we could get at least some of our money back. By the time i checked out I still hadn't heard from any managers and frankly knew that they didn't wanna speak with me because they knew they screwed up. I am very disappointed and will NEVER stay at a cheap Rodeway Inn again. it used to be called Ramada Inn and now its called Rodeway Inn but there was no choice to choose Rodeway inn at this location. PS they had a guest suite next to use that was left unlocked that they apparently use as storage and was a hazard. What kind of managers allow this to happen and leave for the day?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we arrived no one was there to greet us when someone did show up 15 mins later we had to get buzzed into the Lobby. No apologies the attendant got right to bussiness "How can I help you"? We get a room and take the scary ride up te elevator. Get to our room open the door and this RANCID smell jumps out to greet us! We step inside and were shocked at what we saw. Stained rugs, picky dirty comforter sets on the beds matching of course. We made an about face and checked out immediately! We were told " You will be billed for onenights stay" no amount of money is worth that Dump! Horiffic Experience!

• Stayed August 2012
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

THe desk clerk was very rude. Book thru expeda had to stay. Should have left anyway. TV remote broke had to give 3 before 1 worked ( matchbook for battery cover) Frig never worked microwave rigged with plate no glass plate burnt 2 bags of popcorn. Did not have towels for our room only 3 booked for 4. One lamp had wires showing and half a plug. They turned the room keys off at 9 am check out is 12. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!