“My stay at Days Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 26 hotels in Hampton
Washington
“My stay at Days Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I honestly was not pleased with my stay, for the price that I paid to me was a rip off. I don't think I will ever stay at this hotel again. I called ahead to reserve a room with a king sized bed, but when I got there after traveling over 160 miles away, only to be told I had to take a room with double beds. This was suppose to have been a romantic weekend get away for my husband to be & myself & it turned out to be a disaster. The breakfast bar OMG, I enjoyed Mc Donald's breakfast better. I will never visit this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

dihva, Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Alicia W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It was unfortunate to hear you did not find our breakfast or your room accommodations to your satisfaction. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team. Sometimes when it is busy it is hard to meet each request, but we tried to fulfill you wishes with the same room type just a double bed. We do apologize that your stay here with us was not to your expectations. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon for your next visit to Hampton!

Hotel Management

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My sister booked a room for the two of us for Hampton's Homecoming as all the other hotels were booked by the time she made reservations. We arrive at the Days Inn at 2:30 am Saturday morning after a long drive from NYC. First red flag: as we pull into the parking lot, a young man is walking back and forth along the premises (pants hanging off his behind) looking around. Second red flag: We interact with the front desk thru a "drive-thru" like window. Regardless of check-in time, I've always entered a hotel lobby & spoken to staff directly. If you need a "drive-thru" type window for night check-ins (as the sign on the door clearly states), something is not right. We asked the front desk clerk if the hotel is safe, he says yes. Third red flag: as we make our way to our room, we pass a shady looking couple with a pit-bull standing in between two cars. Fourth red flag: the room looked like you'd get a staff infection just sitting in the chair. Mind you, the beds were made, etc., but the room just looked off. I was not getting out of my clothes or sleeping on the bed, let alone showering there. We stayed a total of 10 minutes before my sister was able to get a room at the Marriott that was available due to cancellations. Before we left the room, we saw the same gentleman that was pacing along the parking lot,now pacing around the back of the hotel. When we told the desk clerk we were leaving because we didn't feel safe, etc., he said ok & we would not be charged the standard 1-night rate charge you usually incur once you receive hotel keys. It seemed to us that he was used to this happening.

We drove across the street to the Marriott and it felt like we'd left hell and entered heaven. We walked into a hotel lobby and were greeted by the front desk clerk, given the key card to a room with plush carpet, wonderful bedding, immaculate bathroom-the amenities every paying hotel traveler deserves.

When my sister informed her friend who was also in town for Hampton's Homecoming that we'd switched hotels she was so happy as her friend who lives in the area told her to check on us if we're at the Days Inn as it is a known drug spot!!! We were not surprised!! All the red flags eluded to this.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Marriott
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a reasonable place to stay that's near Hampton University. It's also right near lots of restaurants and stores. It was clean with pleasant staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

dihva, Manager at Days Inn Hampton, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Veronica B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We are glad you enjoyed our staff along with our location to local area attractions. We hope to see you again soon for your next stay in Hampton, Virginia!

Hotel Management

Been to Days Inn Hampton? Share your experiences!