“Complete Package” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central

You added Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1813 West Mercury Boulevard, Hampton, VA 23666 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Complete Package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Location, location, location. Next to I-64 exit ramps, surrounded by numerous places to eat. Next to tons of shopping as well. The staff was relaxed and friendly. The rooms were very clean. The free breakfast offered the usual fare which was attended to continually. This Inn really has it all. I recommend it!

Room Tip: As usual, we asked for a room away from the elevators and that's what we received.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

On the day before our wedding, my guests had arrived at this hotel checking in to room I had reserved under a group block. I heard from numerous family members that there was a sign a the front desk saying" WELCOME (BRIDE'S NAME/GROOM'S NAME)WEDDING, CONGRADULATIONS. that is just one example on the personal attention the staff gives to there guest. Darryl, Charles, and Harmony made my family feel welcome and valued. After our wedding reception we returned to the hotel and was greeted by the General Manager. We gave her and the front desk crew cake from our reception. The sales staff was professional from start to finish. They were not just out to sell room and take our money. They showed a personal investment to the success of our event. We were given to generous group rate and were offered a free room for me and my new wife. This hotel is right across the street from target, barnes and noble, JCpenney, and buffalo wild wings. Book this hotel for your next meeting or family event.

Room Tip: For weddings, talk to sales early to get the best rates.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel provided a very quiet room. The bed was comfortable--the room was clean and had a small refrigerator and microwave. The buffet breakfast was included in our room fee and was adequate but uninspiring. All the staff were professional and friendly. The entrance to the parking lot is very close to the interstate 64 off ramp. There is access to the hotel from Coliseum drive--which we found safer than the Mercury Blvd access (which is a very busy 4 to 5 lane road)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BRANFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

HIE underbid Hilton Garden Inn to win our company contract. After 2yrs..We had to switch to this new location-26hour layover, once a week. Well, the manager AND the location turned out to be a pleasant surprise.. A welcoming smile, handshake and expedient check-in from MS. FRAZIER (manager)and her staff soon helped to dismiss my anxiety. The room (304) small but neat...clean and inviting offered a large firm mattress and a welcome package: 1 bottle water 2 eight ounce canned sodas, granola bar, barbecue chips and a large royal blue lidded keepsake thermos cup....HUH???
IVE been in the travel industry 25 yrs...stayed in lots of chains....No hotel chain gives a welcoming package luke THAT. Carpets..immaculate...towels..soft..hot water...Hot....huh?? To top it
off...breakfast at 6:30..comp...for 3 hours!!! Ive stayed in bigger rooms...better soap and shampoo..with 24hr room service...but never..EVER have I been so equally impressed by customer service...accomodations and comp breakfast...BEST VALUE FOR YOUR BUCK. ..HILTON GARDEN INN WHO????

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I chose the Holiday Inn Express as emergency accommodations when my experience at the Clarion next door was totally unacceptable. The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. The hotel is relatively new, and CLEAN. Rooms are well organized and have NO evidence of bedbugs. The bathroom is a bit small, and has a corner vanity with not much room. Breakfast buffet is average. Free Wi-Fi. Beds are comfortable. It is across the street from a new mall with many restaurants. I echo previous comments about getting to the hotel -- but my gps took me right to it after my business day. Every employee I met went out of their way to help me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Easy to get to from off the Highway, but difficult traveling west from the city. Funny its right there in front of your face but not easy to get to. I called the hotel and am grateful for Darryl's help. He knew the roads (probably the challenges, too) and guided me right in. When I checked-in...It was Darryl that greeted me. The people make all the difference! Thank you for your customer service Darryl!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Rod D,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the service you received from our staff. We're sorry for the challenges you had getting to our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was quiet small and closed. Luckily, my room was not tiny as I expected, it was clean, well-organized and comfortable. Bathtub was super small, I could not lie back too long if I did not want to get backache. However, the staffs were professional and helpful, they talked to me in polite and friendly way. They made me feel warm like home.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central? Share your experiences!