“GREAT STAY!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central

You added Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1813 West Mercury Boulevard, Hampton, VA 23666 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“GREAT STAY!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a basketball tournament with 7 13 year old boys and another team mom. The rooms were the perfect size and breakfast was awesome. DARRYL PAGE, the front office personnel was both friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be trying to get into the hotel when travelling from the main road.
Other than that, I give this hotel 2 thumbs and recommend it to any traveler, especially those with a group!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The service was very good and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was good. My room was clean and the bed was comfy. I would definitely stay again. Hard to find hotels like this for a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Initially, we planned on staying Friday - Sunday for a college event at Hampton University, but traffic from the DC area was crazy, no surprise, and came in on Saturday. Changing my arrival day was no problem, check in was a breeze, Harmony at the front desk was more than helpful with the process. My daughter had to print off a lot of scholarship info, and Harmony again went above and beyond to help out. The lobby, elevators, hallways and most importantly ROOMS were clean. The next morning, breakfast was great..Ms Donna was extremely helpful & shared great stories about her time at Hampton U with my daughter & I...fantastic customer/guest service!! The staff was great from beginning to end, I'm confident we'll be staying here during my daughters upcoming four years at Hampton University!! The location is convenient to many restaurants even a Target!!

• Stayed March 2014
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we were attending an event at the nearby convention center. The location is very convenient to I-64, the Coliseum and the convention center and there are numerous eating establishments nearby. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was very cold and windy during our stay. I noticed that after the heat in my room turned off I could feel a cold breeze. There was a significant gap visible between the heating/cooling unit and the wall. The windows are dated and cold air was seeping in. Although the furniture and bedding in my room were in good shape, it was clear that the building is in need of updating.

Breakfast was included in the room rate. We all loved the pancake machine which made fresh pancakes at the push of a button. My only complaint is that the coffee was weaker than I like.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Go_pgh,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel in the area and found our staff to be friendly. We would like to apologize for the room accommodations you had did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize the coffee we offer in our breakfast area was less than satisfactory. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for business at this last minute after the original hotel we had booked was not good. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and was able to fit myself and my 3 co-workers into rooms. The hotel is 100% smoke free which is a plus for me. Hotel was clean and most things seemed very new. Breakfast included was a nice add on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I do not have any complaint for the price I paid for this hotel through Priceline. Location is great, but you can only enter the hotel going one direction, or you will have to make a U turn couple KM away. Breakfast area is nice, but the selection of breakfast items get boring after a few days. Room is okay, not great, because most of the wooden furniture in our room are quite worn and outdated. Business centre is located weirdly right next to the breakfast area in the open so if you are using one of the nice Lenovo desktops for private matters the people sitting right behind or beside you having their breakfast can actually read what you have on the screen. Walls are thin so we hear baby crying all the time next door and door slamming frequently late at night and early in the morning costing our quality sleep time.

Room Tip: Stay at the end of the wings and you will be assured better sleep time. Our room is too close to the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
hpt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

in a nutshell, they are WONDERFUL. It sits on what was the "old" Holiday Inn. My family selected this spot based on other online reviews and its proximity to other Hpt things. It is right off of I-64 (Mercury Blvd exit). A Hooters is less than a block away, there are TWO walmarts on this street and about ANY other store you can think of. The AF base, is a short 7min drive away. I felt safe here. The side door has a keycard that you need to wave about.....that kinda was a "new" concept for the older ones in our group to process. The gym area, the IT area, and pool were all well lit, clean, and never that crowded. The breakfast is typical fare....the rooms were furnished nicely, and the beds slept well.

Each staff member we encountered was helpful and informative on local places to go. We tried a place up the street called Tommy's....( a local I-hop sorta place). We would stay here again, IF in this area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hampton Coliseum Central? Share your experiences!