You added Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1809 W Mercury Blvd, Building A, Hampton, VA 23666 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites & Conf Cntr)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
“A DUMP!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

GO TO THE MARRIOTT! Unless you are on drugs or selling them this is a great place for that , the manager Reza offered to put us out for a refund I have not received! For some reason I can't upload the pics but they are on Facebook! Sticking to the Marriott and will never use a booking agency again! 0 rating for me!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Woodbridge, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We have stayed in this area many times but this is out first at this hotel. We stopped here as we are celebrating our anniversary and figured it woukd be nice. We requested a king bed and got 2 doubles. My husband is a big muscle dude and sleeping in a full bed is not the best way I want to spend the night of our anniversary but hey we can always make the best of tight sleeping quarters (wink). The poor customer service when the representative was short with my husband just because he questioned why we are not getting it. Anyway we get to the room and the first thing we saw was this very small bathroom. Did I mention my husband is huge! I add pics for dramatics lol. The bathroom caulk was dirty and their was hair in the shower. When we turned the water on in the sink and shower it came out brown. The refrigerator was unplugged or not working because when we went to pit our juice in it the freezer was full of water and it was warm. Their was no real comforter on the bed just a sheet and a worn fleece blanket. However they have a sign that basically says you can buy items in thw room but do not steal items or you will be charged. Very inviting. I'll add picture again for dramatics lol. After a rocky night on this not some comfortable what feels like a twin bed we realize we do not have an iron. I called down stairs and she is like "yall don't already have one?". I'm thinking no and if yall try to charge us for one it's going to be a problem. The good thing is that I forgot my toothpaste and tooth brush and she told me they will bring up the iron but I had to go down to get those items. I'm grateful for the items but I'm like dang if you bring up an iron can't you just bring that up to? So I get dressed and go get the items. I decided to take advantage of the free breakfast so I went. Just so you know there are signs all over saying you cannot take food out the resteraunt. I was a little disappointed because my plan was to bring a bagel back for my husband because he never make the free breakfast. The resteraunt was a mess. No place to sit debris all over. No one wiping things down. Stuff open and uncovered. Just a mess. So I'm like really I have to stand to eat? I finally got annoyed and just walked out with my bagel in hand because I didn't want to waste food but I couldn't eat standing up. I did try to follow the rules and not take food out so I just ate it right outside the door where I could breathe because there was no air circulating in the room and it was just that crowded. So as I'm trying to get back to room the elevator which has a cardboard box covering it's floor was crowed so I said hey I'm young let me take the stairs lol. Well I found several huge friends taking the ae trip w me. Coach roaches. Pics will be added. I almost threw up the bagel I just ate it was so many of them. Yuck! Needless to say this will be our last time staying here with he bathroom for midgets. I'm 5 ft 5 in and can touch the ceiling in the shower.smh.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

Me and my husband stayed one night in this hotel. It was awful. The owner was not very welcoming and he obviously didn't care about what he was selling. We got to our room and there were cigarette holes in the nonsmoking room, stuffy and stale air throughout the hotel, due to the fact there were no windows to open. The decor was awful the walls were all different colors, a brown, a yellow, and a copper tone. We went to get a drink from a vending machine and it was a year old, we were very disappointed with our stay here and felt ripped off. They also advertise a pool here and it is no better than the room. Dingy old cement and ugly murals surround. Paint peeling off the walls. Me and my husband won't be back.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hotel1809Mercury, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2015
Good morning HatePineapple,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review about your recent stay with our property. I apologize for any inconvenience and am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I can assure you that if you were completely unsatisfied with your stay and informed our front desk immediately we would have been more than happy to assist you because we don't want any of our guests to feel uncomfortable or dissatisfied. Fortunately, we are currently in the process of putting forward upgrades for our property that will hopefully correct decor and dated fixtures and furniture; which is unfortunate that we were not able to set our plan forward sooner. I hope that if you ever need accommodations in Hampton in the future we have all our upgrades settled and you are able to have a different and better experience.

Thank you HatePineapple, have a wonderful day!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

Friends and I stayed here for an event at the nearby Hampton Coliseum -- which we've attended since 2011. We have stayed at several other area hotels during this event (Holiday Inn; Courtyard Marriott) and never once had an issue checking in. At the Clarion, we stood in line for over an hour and a half, as the hotel was fully booked and the staff was totally unprepared to handle the volume come the designated 3pm check-in time. There was additional confusion about checking in to the Quality Inn vs. the Clarion, and the manager was rude to boot. Other annoyances (which could have been overlooked had the check-in situation been less egregious) -- ice machines only on every other floor (2 were broken), no large trash cans to dispose of room trash, a lack of toilet paper, no business center or place to print, and dirty bathrooms.

Given the inflated rates because of the high demand weekend, this is probably one of the worst overall hotels I've ever stayed at. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2015
Hello ZW6913,

First let me apologize on behalf of the Clarion Inn for any inconvenience you encountered during your visit. There are several factors that play into the difficulty during that weekend for check-in. More than a few of the guests were underage which delayed the check-in process due to our policy, which is stated on our website, that the minimum check-in age is 21 therefore the reservations had to be cancelled or a guest present with them of 21 had to registered and pay. Other issues included came from guests not having valid methods of payment or the authorization to use another parties credit card. We understand that it may have been a stressful evening for check-in and we were prepared for such a crowd but with large events or even with a minimum number of arrivals there are bound to be issues for which our staff did offer alternative solutions that our guests can either accept to use or can deny to use, such as the incident with the underage crowd. Our rooms have the standard hotel trash can that is seen in many hotels, large trash cans are seldom used due to the rooms supposed to be used for no more than four occupants depending on the room and the length of stay being no more than a handful of days. The other areas mentioned in your review have been looked into and we have fixed the issue with our ice machines. However, this is not to say that incidents from when they were fix and on will not cause any other issues that come from use may occur.

Once again, I apologize that you were unhappy with your stay and hope that we are able to make the appropriate corrections to our property as to better suit our guests wants and needs.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

When I was booking a hotel for New Years Eve, I accidentally booked a room through priceline for New Years Day and missed the short deadline they give you to make changes. I called the hotel personally to see if there was anything they could do and did not receive much help, but I booked a room through the hotel because I had a nearby event to attend and friends were also staying at this hotel. I mainly booked this hotel because it was "pet friendly" but when we arrived for check-in, I feared that I would not be allowed to check-in with my dog due to their "size" regulations (my dog is a 30lb black lab/dachshund mix) When checking in I asked the front-desk girl if there was again anything that could be done about my mistaken reservation to which she informed me that she did not see ANYTHING under my name for another date (the manager was hovering above her shoulder as she searched) She told me that it was common for the charge to be refunded into the account once the charges had settled so I proceeded to check in and enjoy my evening and check on the matter later.
The elevator's reeked of marijuana and when we arrived to our room the door was easily pushed open because it was unlocked! The room was freezing, the room was outdated for even being a "cheap" hotel option, and the bathroom was too cramped for two people, let alone the 4 max. that could stay.
My boyfriend described this hotel, the staff, the manager, and our entire experience perfectly in one word: SLEAZY! I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE, and am upset that I did not read the reviews before I booked.

Room Tip: I'm positive the good rooms are at OTHER hotels
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Desiree,

We apologize if you encountered any issues during your visit to Clarion Inn. I hope that this will not deter you from visiting again.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2014

The Hotel General Manager is a very racist man... Has no compassion nor customer service skills towards weary travelers... The most absolute worst attitude in the world!!! Do not stay here!!! and he stated that " even if we were the President of the United States, he would not care about our feelings. Does not support Military and does not care about them or the Federal Government. "

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Clarion Inn in Hampton. I would like to apologize if you encountered any inconveniences during your visit. Your review has been shared with our staff and we will be making reasonable changes to our customer service.

Thank you again.
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Checkin - I would say that this experience should have made me walk away. I approached the front desk and there was a woman complaining about the room that she was staying in and they were less than pleased about her. They really gave her a hard time about her reasoning and she only wanted a new room, not even a refund. So they finally agree to give her a different room. A few moments later, the lady that was checking me in was giving me a room and the MANAGER- told her to give me the room that the lady had just been complaining about. So when I asked her if that was the same room, the manager pretended not to hear me and walked away. The lady that was checking me in said discreetly, I'll just give you another room. I was grateful and a little annoyed, by that because the manager didn't intend to rectify whatever it was the other customer found unsatisfactory.

The room- needs upgrading the wallpapers were peeling. The pullout couch was very worn and in need of a new mattress, the floor would have been better frankly. The extra linen that was provided for the pullout was not fresh and smelled like it hadn't been replaced in quite a while. The room was otherwise clean, just really in need of upgrading and a good clean down, it felt dingy. The television was bulky and a tube.

Elevator- one was out of order and we were on the 7th floor, so that was annoying.

I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hotel1809Mercury, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
Dear T B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. I would also like to apologize if the manager working that day seemed to have a foul attitude and I can assure the manager probably just did not hear the question/comment made by you about the room. I am however glad that our guest service agent was able to accommodate you with a different room than the one previously given to other guest that they did not take. We are aware that our property is in need of some improvements and we are working toward making changes to our property to better address our guests wants and needs. Your feedback will be used in our ongoing efforts to improve our staff and our performance.

Thank you, T B, and we hope you'll consider giving us a second chance.

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center? Share your experiences!