Friends and I stayed here for an event at the nearby Hampton Coliseum -- which we've attended since 2011. We have stayed at several other area hotels during this event (Holiday Inn; Courtyard Marriott) and never once had an issue checking in. At the Clarion, we stood in line for over an hour and a half, as the hotel was fully booked and the staff was totally unprepared to handle the volume come the designated 3pm check-in time. There was additional confusion about checking in to the Quality Inn vs. the Clarion, and the manager was rude to boot. Other annoyances (which could have been overlooked had the check-in situation been less egregious) -- ice machines only on every other floor (2 were broken), no large trash cans to dispose of room trash, a lack of toilet paper, no business center or place to print, and dirty bathrooms.
Given the inflated rates because of the high demand weekend, this is probably one of the worst overall hotels I've ever stayed at. Avoid at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clarion Inn & Suites is 100% non-smoking. We are a pet friendly hotel that allows 2 pets per room at an additional fee. The pet weight limit per room is 50 pounds, collectively. Our organization does charge all guests' valid credit/debit card for incidentals at check-in in addition to the room charges, please call hotel for specifics. Guest must be 21 years old or older to reserve a room and to check-in. We offer a hot complimentary breakfast to our registered guests, complimentary Wi-Fi, fitness center, and indoor heated pool. We do not allow parties in our sleeping rooms or indoor pool. Our check begins at 3:00 PM and our check-out ends at 11:00 AM. When Hampton, VA is experiencing high traffic due to concerts, conventions, or other major events we will be issuing only two parking passes per registered room, it is the responsibility of the guest to secure the parking pass; no additional passes will be issued. The Clarion Inn & Suites is easily located right off Interstate 64 directly across from the new Peninsula Town Center with walking access. With over 80 different shops and restaurants in an outdoor Town Mall setting, as well as the Hampton Roads Convention Center, Hampton Coliseum, and the Boo Williams Sports Plex we are located in the Heart of Hampton Roads. We're only 20 minutes from Williamsburg and 30 minutes to the Resort Oceanfront. And plenty of local attractions near us all within walking distance. Come stay with us - we will enjoy having you here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Coliseum Hotel Hampton
- Best Western Coliseum Inn And Suites
- Best Western Hampton
- Clarion Hampton