Checkin - I would say that this experience should have made me walk away. I approached the front desk and there was a woman complaining about the room that she was staying in and they were less than pleased about her. They really gave her a hard time about her reasoning and she only wanted a new room, not even a refund. So they finally agree to give her a different room. A few moments later, the lady that was checking me in was giving me a room and the MANAGER- told her to give me the room that the lady had just been complaining about. So when I asked her if that was the same room, the manager pretended not to hear me and walked away. The lady that was checking me in said discreetly, I'll just give you another room. I was grateful and a little annoyed, by that because the manager didn't intend to rectify whatever it was the other customer found unsatisfactory.
The room- needs upgrading the wallpapers were peeling. The pullout couch was very worn and in need of a new mattress, the floor would have been better frankly. The extra linen that was provided for the pullout was not fresh and smelled like it hadn't been replaced in quite a while. The room was otherwise clean, just really in need of upgrading and a good clean down, it felt dingy. The television was bulky and a tube.
Elevator- one was out of order and we were on the 7th floor, so that was annoying.
I wouldn't stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clarion Inn & Suites is 100% non-smoking. We are a pet friendly hotel that allows 2 pets per room at an additional fee. The pet weight limit per room is 50 pounds, collectively. Our organization does charge all guests' valid credit/debit card for incidentals at check-in in addition to the room charges, please call hotel for specifics. Guest must be 21 years old or older to reserve a room and to check-in. We offer a hot complimentary breakfast to our registered guests, complimentary Wi-Fi, fitness center, and indoor heated pool. We do not allow parties in our sleeping rooms or indoor pool. Our check begins at 3:00 PM and our check-out ends at 11:00 AM. When Hampton, VA is experiencing high traffic due to concerts, conventions, or other major events we will be issuing only two parking passes per registered room, it is the responsibility of the guest to secure the parking pass; no additional passes will be issued. The Clarion Inn & Suites is easily located right off Interstate 64 directly across from the new Peninsula Town Center with walking access. With over 80 different shops and restaurants in an outdoor Town Mall setting, as well as the Hampton Roads Convention Center, Hampton Coliseum, and the Boo Williams Sports Plex we are located in the Heart of Hampton Roads. We're only 20 minutes from Williamsburg and 30 minutes to the Resort Oceanfront. And plenty of local attractions near us all within walking distance. Come stay with us - we will enjoy having you here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites by Hampton Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Coliseum Hotel Hampton
- Best Western Coliseum Inn And Suites
- Best Western Hampton
- Clarion Hampton