“A Nice Change of Scenery” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries
Attraction Details
Fairfax, Virginia
22 attraction reviews
“A Nice Change of Scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It is getting harder and harder to go someplace for a glass of wine without ending up at the bar of a restaurant near the mall or a bar that reeks of cigarette smoke. Thank goodness for Hunter's Run Wine Barn. My wife LOVES the place. The wine is good enough for us to walk out with a bottle or two, and the people that work there are nice. The environment is comfortable to just sit around like you would at home, chatting and drinking your wine. There are no servers hovering over you, and no screaming kids at the next table. There are no d-bags hitting on the women sitting at the next table. They have food, basically appetizers. Bread and cheese, etc. But then again, you didn't come out here for a meal.
We usualyy have two glasses each, plus a bread and cheese platter, and then take home two bottles. The bill is usually around a hundred.
If your ideal bar has seventy two televisions and wild wings wednesday, keep driving. For everyone else, I hope to see you there.

Visited December 2012

Reston, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
“I Wanted to Love It”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love all things Irish, so I wanted to love this place. Perhaps my expectations were just a little too high. The staff and owners are nice, the facility is nice, and the wines are okay. My favorite was the sangria, but they went to the back to make it...why? I loved the Irish entertainment. I would go back for entertainment, but not for the wine. Make this your 3rd or 4th stop on your wine adventures and you'll enjoy it.

Visited July 2012
Sterling, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
“Pleasant Little Winery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

On the spur of the moment (and on an unusually gorgeous St. Patrick's Day afternoon), we decided to visit this wine tasting room. Given the holiday, we were pleasantly surprised to find this establishment being Irish owned and operated. The owner conducted our wine tasting ($7), and I found all seven wines to be quite enjoyable. The whites, particularly the Viognier and the Traminette, were clean and crisp; and the reds ranged from very smooth to almost peppery. Inside, the barn is cozy and inviting, and the tables are converted barrels. Outside, there was a spacious deck with lots of seating; live music and barbecue were offered that day, which made for a very nice afternoon. The only drawbacks that I noted were its close proximity to Route 9 (traffic can be a bit noisy) and the local neighbors are literally on the other side of the fence. That shouldn't prevent you from having a good time here, though.

Visited March 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“What a fun, rockin' place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is a great place to go on a Sunday afternoon with friends! Wine tastings, (and the wine IS good!), live music, lots of people of all ages coming and going all afternoon! You can sit with your group, or mingle around and meet others! It's right off of Rt. 9 in Hamilton, VA, and it's not only a beautiful setting, but the atmosphere is really friendly and welcoming! I had a great day there, and plan to go back soon!

Visited February 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Great place , great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I went with 7 of my friends on a cold rainy Saturday. This place rocks, they were busy but as soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by the owner. The barn had music and it seemed to have a lot of regulars as everybody was so friendly. We enjoyed our tasting, the wine was great, so wee sat on the couch and enjoyed a few botles of the Barn Red and Viognier.. The bread was wonderful.. The staff are really attentive, funny and make you feel at home..

Visited January 2012