“Would stay here Anytime!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Gretna
“Would stay here Anytime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for a restfull night sleep along with excellent customer service, and clean rooms, Hampton Inn @ Gretna, VA is it. They also have a good hot breakfast. The Perks for us, they welcomed our dog. :)

• Stayed March 2012

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Canton, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Very clean, very nice, great staff and management. Good breakfast, As other have said, this is the best choice around. There are not many place to eat, but this is a smaller country town.
I would recommend this to anyone coming to the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been coming to the Hampton Inn in Gretna for several years. My son attends a local boarding school (Hargrave Military Academy) and the Hampton is a perfect location to stay at while visiting. However, it is kind of in the middle of nowhere, otherwise. In the 20+ times I have stayed here, it has always been accomodating on every level. It is clean, comfortable and way above standards in customer care. I highly recommend!!

Room Tip: choose a room opposite side of building facing route 29.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Comfortable and very clean. In this area there are few options and this was an incredibly accommodating and pleasant place to stop for the night. Breakfast was full buffet. I had to ask for a special accommodation and the desk staff was kind and attentive even though they were very busy. I would certainly stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed January 2012
Takoma Park, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My expectations were low-I hoped for clean. After all, it was a hotel booked for reasonable rates, not plush comfort, and it was booked by our swim team treasurer, who has the appropriate eye on waste, for those of us traveling to an away meet. I was overwhelmed. The people that work here are the nicest, most professional, and helpful I think I have ever met. The rooms were lovely, the bathroom nicer than ours at home with up to date fixtures, and the beds were just like staying in the very pricey New York City boutique hotel I stayed in a few months ago-fluffy, snow white comforters, big soft pillows, flat screen TV's, and everything was scrupulously clean. Breakfast was included-fresh fruit, cereal, waffles, there was a spread. When I asked if I could buy batteries, since we were on our way to the meet in the bus, no stopping, and no stores there, they just gave me some they keep for the remotes. I left my raincoat there-they were happy to grab it out of the lost and found and put it in the shipping package I sent, not a grumble, not a whine. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Monkton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights during a wedding weekend. In fact, wedding guests made up most of the customers that weekend. The hotel looks brand new--nothing beat up or worn looking. The immaculate room was comfortable with a king-size bed (a little soft for me) with a large bathroom with a VERY large walk-in shower. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was included (waffles, breads, cereals, eggs, sausage/gravey, juices, fruit, yogurt, etc.) We got a great group rate of $70/night. The hotel is right off the highway and I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in the neighborhood again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

My husband had to attend an intensive class at Liberty University and all hotels in Lynchburg and the area were full so we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn in Gretna. I am glad we did. The facilities are clean, our room was very nice and comfortable. Bathroom looked brand new, very clean, nicely decorated . Pool was small but very nice for my 7 years old and the exercise room was clean, with plenty towels. You have the option of having loundry done for you or fo it yourself. Breakfast area very nicely decorated and the breakfast was really good with different option of hot dishes every day. Staff was extremely helpful , kind and home made cookies in the afternoon was a plus. The only problem is the lack of options to eat out but it was not a big deal for us.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Hampton Inn Gretna / Altavista / Chatham? Share your experiences!