“great service, awesome food. Great for a date, romantic.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
LAuberge Chez Francois is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Great Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Dessert
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beach Mill Road
Description: Travellers in the beautiful Alsatian countryside, seek out "auberge", the little family inns that dot the roadsides, to eat well and enjoy the scenery. They know they will find fine food and glowing spirits, at an excellent value. Welcome to L"Auberge Chez Francois, our French country inn a short distance from the nation's capital, nestled among lush woods and fragrant gardens, that has captivated visitors for over 50 years. L'Auberge Chez Francois is the ideal spot to celebrate special moments, private parties,luncheons, weddings and cooking demonstrations. Our menu is extensive and full of the flavors of Alsace and traditional French cuisine. Excellent food and service, attention to detail and a casually elegant atmosphere are hallmarks that have made L'Auberge Chez Francois a Washington favorite. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your visit with us. Jacques Brasserie at L'Auberge is open Tues-Sat,5-9:00PM,Sunday 3-7:30PM. Reservations for Jacques' Brasserie via phone only!
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great service, awesome food. Great for a date, romantic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

great service, awesome food. Great for a date, romantic.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Classy French place; great service but relaxed atmosphere, no attitude. Excellent food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

Sterling, VA
“I've only been there once, but it was one of the best meals I have ever had. I really need to get back there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

Washington, DC
“Even better than you think”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

The other reviews are spot-on . . . but still don't do this adorable place justice. The service is delightful -- attentive but non-invasive. The menu is expansive. The food is amazing. And, y'know -- it is incredibly reasonable for the quality. We just ate here for our wedding anniversary and would not have changed a thing! I can't imagine a better location for a celebration. Tip: During warm weather, show up on time to your seating and snag an outdoor table. Delightful!! (FWIW: we celebrated a previous anniversary at the Inn at Little Washington; we both strongly preferred LCF.)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Been twice. Very good, though I've had better French cooking many times in other restaurants. Too expensive for me now.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008