“Best sushi I have had in a long time!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 26 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: Japanese
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best sushi I have had in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Literally, this is the best sushi I have had in a long time. Fish was fresh, flavorful, and artfully presented. Especially loved the Fancy Roll (Lobster with avocado topped with a mango sauce) and the Spicy Tuna Roll (the best I have tasted hands down). Wonderful staff and very competent and friendly chefs at the helm. If you want great sushi, skip DC and come out to Great Falls.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Great Falls, Virginia
“Great hideaway sushi in Great Falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Been here about six times now. The sushi is always fresh and the service is always solid. They have an interesting selection of rolls and the offerings are better than at many competitors. Kind of a non-descript location but the neighboring Starbucks is sure to help.

Herndon, Virginia
“Very Nice Place to Eat Japanese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My wife and I went soon after it opened and found the food to be very good and the service super friendly. It is always nice to be greeted by a smile and made to believe your are actually appreciated for coming in to eat. I had Sushi and my wife the chicken Teriyaki. My Sushi was very good and the chicken was a little dry. We will definitely go back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Good Sushi in Great Falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I went to Izumi for my daughter's birthday. I had lived my entire life not having tried sushi until this point. I am now a convert!
The menu is large enough to accommodate those who do not want to try sushi. Two in our party tried the pork chops and the miso salmon and were very pleased. We tried the California roll, the Boston roll, cucumber roll and spicy salmon roll as well as the signature Izumi roll. The Izumi roll was the best. Actually, the only roll we weren't thrilled with was the salmon. The texture just didn't work for us. One thing this neophyte noticed was that this sushi restaurant did not rely on a lot of rice around the edge of the sushi. Izumi concentrated on the tasty fillings and did a great job.
The restaurant itself is brand new and has modern decor. They don't have too many tables, especially for larger groups. A large family was waiting for our table as we left. So, reservations might be in order if you have a large group.

• Visited September 2011