We discovered the Hummingbird via LivingSocial, and having stayed in B&Bs before, our expectations were high. Those expectations were exceeded. Dan and Patti take care of each and every guest with a level of service that will impress you, and knock it out of the park by tying in other vendors in the Lexington/Staunton area. We had a delicious dinner at brix, tasted wine at a winery, and ended up at a wine festival in Staunton that we heard about from a fellow guest over breakfast. To us, the integration with area activities made the stay extra-enjoyable.
- Dan presents a daily Things To Do briefing at breakfast, and detailed event/location information is stocked in each room. Super-easy to see the sights.
- The beds at the Hummingbird are so comfortable, and the sheets so soft, that you can buy them (the sheets). You will struggle to think of a reason not to.
- Eleanor Roosevelt stayed at the property during a visit to the area, and historical documentation of the stay makes you feel like you are a part of history.
- The inn sits beside a train track, and some amazingly long empty coal trains pass through a few times a day. The Hummingbird is so great that no one seemed to mind - it certainly didn't affect my sleep.
We would love to go back, especially in springtime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a romantic setting and warm country hospitality in our unique bed and breakfast, a Victorian Carpenter Gothic Inn situated in the Virginia railroad town of Goshen. The Inn is centrally located near scenic Goshen Pass on the western edge of the Shenandoah Valley, in a small triangle defined by Lexington, Staunton, and Warm Springs / Hot Springs.Outside the Inn, stroll around an acre of landscaped grounds. Sit on the deck or lie in the hammock and listen to the sounds of the Mill Creek, in the evening, light a fire in the chiminea and enjoy the crisp fall air. For the outdoor lovers, we are close to trails for hiking, biking, plus swimming and kayaking in the Maury River.If you're looking for peace and quiet, cozy and comfortable surroundings that feel like home, we welcome you to our Inn. Come and enjoy Fall in the Shenandoah Valley! And we're dog-friendly too! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Hummingbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hummingbird Hotel Goshen