“Friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Richmond, Virginia
“Friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Il Castello is a small restaurant in a strip of storefronts next to Walmart just off I-64. Once we were inside, we were greeted & seated promptly. The menu is large, ranging from appetizers, salads & sandwiches to pizza, pastas and dinner entrees.
Service was friendly & efficient, with food served quickly. My companion & I chose dinner entrees, which included salads and a side. We also ordered fried mushrooms as an appetizer. The fried mushrooms weren't bad, but were not made in house.
Our salads were very good, and amply sized. Entrees were good, also; not exceptional, but the prices here are quite reasonable. If I lived nearby, this would be on my list of regular dining spots. For travelers along I-64, this is a comfortable & welcoming alternative if you want real food that is not far off the highway. I'll return here.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great little place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Was very surprised by this small quaint place located in a shopping center. Very good Authentic Italian food. Great service! Would definitely come back.

Hillsborough, NJ, USA
“Enjoyed a family dinner here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Once again our large family group looked for a restaurant where we could sit down, eat dinner and enjoy each other's company. We had dined in the next door restaurant the night before, so chose this for our second evening dinner. Truth be told, there are not many alternatives in Xion Crossroads, VA, so we were lucky both restaurants were just fine. Most of us had pizza and were happy there was also a choice of beers on the menu. The waitress was very friendly and happily divided the checks for each family group!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Il Castello Zion Crossroads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Found this restaurant when staying at Shenandoah Crossing. It seems each person has their own likes when it comes to Italian food - but for my taste- this was excellent. Restaurant is small and food is made to order. Portions were big enough for another meal. Staff was friendly and service was prompt. The GPS address was wrong - 47 Market Street Zion Crossroads- has been the new location for about a year. Seems to be a local favorite for take out as well. Delicious! Went back twice and I am glad I do not live near there or I would be a regular!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden gem in the middle of Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Hidden gem in the middle of Virginia. A true Italian mama brought her culinary skills to this place. Italian lovers, this is your stop. The food is simply delicious authentic Italian. She will be famous.