“Office Outting” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Office Outting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Great meal as always! No one ever complains about the food when we go as a group here; it's fabulous!

Visited December 2012

Great Mills, MD
“Go hungry - there's lot's of food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Eating lunch at Mama Cucina's is an annual Christmas lunch tradition our family. The food is fresh, very good, and the lunch servings are very generous so you should keep that in mind if you're inclined to order an appetizer and salad before your entree arrives. We always have plenty of "take home" for another meal. Their prices are reasonable so we consider it a bargain. If they're busy, the service can be a little slow because they're a small place. I guess we're tried everything on the menu and no complaints from the adults or the picky teenagers. My favorite choice for Italian food!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ontario, Canada
“Large Portions, Bring Your Appetite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went for dinner at Mama Cucima's because of the tripadvisor reviews. We were staying one night on our way to Hilton Head and I am glad we made it as far as Glen Allen that night. We had an amazing meal. The bread with olive oil and herbs was amazing. I could have eaten more but I'm glad I didn't because I couldn't finish my meal as it was. Next came salad with a great dressing. The next table to us had ordered one meal for the two of them and when ours came I could see why. (The menu stated that there was an extra charge for sharing. $3.50 I think.) My husband had the seafood special with linguine. It had all types of seafood in it, including lobster. He ate all the seafood but had to leave almost half the linguine which had a tomato-based sauce. I had roasted potatoes and peppers with veal and their homemade sausage with mozzarella over it. It also had a tomato-based sauce with mushrooms and onions. I could not believe it...6 plump sausages! I was able to eat all of the potatoes, some of the peppers and mushrooms, 2 sausages and all of the veal. My husband and I decided that we could combine our two plates of leftovers and have a hearty meal next day upon arrival at Hilton Head. It was delicious the second time around as well! We arrived around 8:30 p.m. and the place was full with people coming in after us. I don't suppose I'll ever be in Glen Allen again anytime soon but I definitely recommend Mama Cucima's. The only negative I can think of is that it is noisy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Best West End Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I'm not saying that the food doesn't compare to some of the great restaurants around town, I'm saying that this as good as you will get anywhere in Richmond and it's close to MY house. Dining with my brother from out of town and we enjoyed everything from the shrimp appetizer to the entree's and a bottle of wine. Service was prompt and the staff was pleasant although they were constantly checking (discreetly) when you were going to leave. I felt a little rushed at the end, but as there was a line forming to get in, I understood. All in all, we enjoyed the food and the conversation and I will continue to go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great value for lunch but have an empty stomach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've visited this place twice in the past month, both times for business lunch with co-workers. I learned after my first visit that the food is excellent and the portions very large. Service was OK not really bad and considering the size and how busy the place was I really can't complain. First visit I had Chicken parm and was not expecting to get 2 breasts and about a pound of pasta. Sauce was very fresh tasting and really good. My second visit I had the special which was Pork sausage with crown pasta and was very delicious. Again it was a very generous portion and I wish I was not visiting to take the rest home. I will be sure to stop by again on further visits to Richmond.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere