“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Glen Allen
Delmarva
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

We have stayed here numerous times in the past 2 years when we take our grandsons with us to visit relatives in the area. Most recently we were there Oct.31- Nov 2. The front desk employess are very friendly and helpful.
We enjoy reserving a K Suite with a connecting room for daughter and grandsons. The rooms have been very clean, and comfortable. Rarely have we heard any hall noise at all. My DH isn't fond of the pillows, but I always travel with my own, so now he may decide to do that.
We always use the pool and hot tub and often have it to ourselves. Pool towels are plentiful and the loungers are comfy.
Breakfast in the lobby is well organized, and varied. We always find enticing foods. There are the basics of cereal , yougurt. juices,sweet rolls, muffins, and then they have a changing hot dish ( like french toast, ham or sausage, poached eggs)
We will return here, for the main reason we are very comfortable and feel at home, I realize there are some newer hotels nearby, but after looking them over, like the comfort of these rooms.

• Liked — Clean and convenient to our family in the area.Also great shopping area nearby
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

My husband I enjoyed our stay at this particular Hampton Inn. Our room was very clean, well appointed and definitely comfortable. The king size bed had very soft sheets, four pillows and a fluffy down comforter. The neatest feature was a fully mirrored closet door. The shower had great pressure and the sprayer was mounted very high up which is a good feature for folks of taller stature. There was a "kitchen" area that had a microwave, coffee pot and bar sink. Although we didn't eat at the hotel, I imagine their breakfast offering is consistent with other Hampton Inn locations. The hotel is located behind a strip shopping mall that featured a Starbuck's. Across the street was another shopping development that among many stores featured Michaels craft store, Pier One, PetSmart and a Panera Bread. I recommend driving up Hwy 1 to Aunt Sarah's pancake house for breakfast - can't be beat for a yummy way to start the day. For other eating options, check out the small stand by the elevator for many dining options that aren't you're standard fare. We didn't eat there but Millie's got high praise on the Trip Advisor web-site as well as locals who said it was great. We did eat at the Zeus Gallery Cafe at Grove and Belmont across from St. Benedict's Catholic school. It was absolutely spectacular and I highly recommend it. We got there early - 5:45 p.m. and it filled up quickly as it's kind of cozy. Another eating place that got high marks but we didn't eat at is the Buckhead Chop House. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Lacey, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

The Hampton Inn Richmond in Glen Allen is a fantastic newer property located very close to 95 and 295. The location was absolutely perfect, there is a strip mall right in front of the hotel (when I say right in front of, is about 200 feet) which has a bunch of restaurants and shops. There is also a pharmacy right nearby as well as a mall and another shopping strip with a grocery store (Ukrops, very good stuff). Because the hotel was only a few minutes to my office and had so much in walkable range, was ideal for my needs.

Check-in
Very easy, room preferences were met. There are four floors and the hotel isn't huge, just the right size. Staff was friendly and helped with local directions.

Room
You know the hotel is new because the card swipe at the door actually went vertically instead of horizontally, kind of like a bank ATM, have never seen that before. The room was a very nice size, two double beds and had a microwave/fridge combo. The flat screen TV was nice, decent channels, however I couldn't get closed caption to work. Beds were the standard Hampton Inn beds, and glad the hotel had a blanket in the closet since the duvet is a little heavy. Iron could have been a bit cleaner, but was okay. AC unit was thermostat controlled, worked very well. Desk and chair were fine, didn't try the free high speed, but was able to get a good signal on my own wireless.

Bathroom was clean, provided small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash (nice touch). Counter was inside the bathroom and the size was adequate. They could have had more bath towels, only provided two.

Overall the room was pretty quiet, didn't hear much outside noise or internal hotel noise. Overall, very nice, newer hotel room, definitely exceeded my expectations.

Other
The hotel does have a pool and fitness center, however the fitness center was on the very small side. Someone was using the treadmill, since there was only one, had to forgo. Think there was also a bike and either a stair-climber or elliptical. Breakfast in the AM was the usual fare, also provided my favorite breakfast bags. They have a nice "store" in the hotel that had local items as well as toiletries and snacks.

Overall
The location of this hotel cannot be beat. There is a Springhill very close by where I stayed last time, however was closer to Route 1 and was a little more noisy. This hotel was far enough off the road, walking distance to restaurants and shops and with the clean rooms and nice staff, can't ask for much more. Will definitely come back.

• Liked — Location, clean nice rooms, friendly staff
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cumberland, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

This is undoubtedly one of the nicer Hampton Inns. My husband and I booked a one night stay as a mini-getaway to do some shopping. When we checked in, how surprised was I to find out I had been chosen as the "guest of the day" from the Honors members!! We got a nice bag of goodies and an upgrade to a suite!! The hotel was spotless and the suite was very tastefully decorated. The young man at the front desk was extremely nice. Everything about the hotel is first class. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center? Share your experiences!