“BEST HOTEL THIS SUMMER” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Glen Allen
Richmond, Virginia
“BEST HOTEL THIS SUMMER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have to travel and stay in hotels a lot . This hotel is the best so far. Customer service was great. The room was very clean . Usually i have to deal with smoke, mold/mildew but this was just perfect for. Did not have to worry about bedbugs etc, I had a great night's sleep and so did my child that suffers from a lot of allergies. The breakfast was the Best. Fresh and Hot. I highly recommend this hotel and YES i will be back!.

Room Tip: Worth the money!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel on our drive to New Jersey from South Beach, FL. (Our flight from Miami Airport to Newark Airport was cancelled because of the hurricane so we rented a car and drove home). We booked the hotel through BookIt.com only a few hours before we arrived. Due to the recent hurricane Irene, many people that were at the hotel were there because they had no power at their own homes. We could tell that the staff was extremely tired and had been working an extremely long shift to accommodate all of the guests (the hotel was COMPLETELY full). They were extremely helpful despite their obvious fatigue.
The room was very clean and made up nicely. Our room had a Jacuzzi tub and it was wonderful. Great hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Very nice rooms and they looked new and clean. Indoor pool and fitness center were very nice and breakfast was good too. I would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tyumen, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Very unfriendly staff, refused to show the room, trying to cheat on the price of room

• Stayed July 2011
Auburn, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at this location for four nights in April, 2011 with six people total (two queen suites), ranging from grandparents to teenagers. The neighborhood is safe and convenient, adjacent to some newly developed shopping areas which include Barnes & Noble, national chain restaurants, etc, all within a two minute drive. The hotel itself is tucked between a strip mall (the front of the hotel has an unappealing view of the back of the strip mall) and an office park. The strip mall is convenient however as it offers a 30-second walk to a rib / grill / sports bar type restaurant, a Subway, and a Starbucks! Starbucks is literally 250 feet from the hotel lobby.

The queen suites were spacious and very well furnished. This place was exceptionally clean from room to pool to breakfast area; just as you would hope. We found this hotel to be super quiet ..... more so than other Hampton Inns. Once the room door closes, you hear nothing of the outside world.

The breakfast area is adequate and comfortable, but not large. Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare, with slightly less variety because the hotel is smaller than some others.

Our only complaint with the place was the ho-hum personalities of the hotel staff. No one really spoke to us or greeted us besides check-in. The front desk people said hi, and that was it. The breakfast area attendant barely spoke the four mornings we were there, and seemed more intent on watching the morning news on the flat screen. This was all in stark contrast to other Hampton Inns we have stayed at.

Overall, we would stay here again without hesitation. It's convenient, clean, quiet, and very well maintained. Don't expect much personality from the staff, and you'll be fine.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Well, my familly and I came here at this Hotel because I hand a discounted stay here. I have stayed at plenty of other Hampton Inns and loved it! The first room we were in first had a refrigerater that had a loud knocking noise and when we called the front desk the maintenance had gone for the day. My husband said can I unplug the fridge then and they said yes. Well, I decided to check the beds like I normally do in any Hotel. Just because it is a Hampton Inn they are not subjet to getting bed bugs from time to time. People do travel from Hotel to Hotel. Well when I looked I saw a dead carcus of a bed bug and that was enough for me! We immideatly went down to the Front Desk and asked for another room due to the bed bugs. They only had a standard room with two beds on a smoking floor and I said no because I have asthma and the smoke bothers me, The desk clerk said there were not any non smoking in that room type. I said what about a suite then. They did not want to but we ended up with a King suite and was told that there were plenty of standard non smoking rooms and we could switch in the morning. Also the clerk said that I would be 100 percented for this night. Well when the morning came the Front Desk clerk said that we could not switch rooms becausethey were sold out in that room type but if they had any cancelations he would switch me. The clerk was rude and he was not wearing a name tag in fact none of the staff was wearing a name tag. With the discount you were lucky if you got non smoking. You normally get smoking for this discount. He said that he stayed at other Hampton Inns on his discount He said he was lucky if he got a shower curtain. That with Hampton Inn discounts we just get closet space. Come on, what happened to customers really matters. I dont care how you pay for it or how much of a discount you get. Later on that morning when my husband went back by the clerk said that we wern't switching rooms that they were over sold by four rooms.We got back that night and they still said they had no standard non smoking rooms. Do they think I'm stupid there is the internet! Which I found out they were lying to me. They just did not want to move our room. I had two teanage girls on a pullout Sofa for two nights and they did not get good sleep due to the boards poking them in their hips. Well the day of my check out I went to the desk and all they said do you need a reciept? I said what about my 100 percent I was promised. What is the reason you want the 100 percent. I told him I found evidence of bed bugs in my first room. He said we have never had bed bugs here. I said that is a lie, every Hotel is subject to getting them from time to time it happens.I said please just give me my refund so we can go. Not once was I asked how my stay was! I will never come here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This hotel definately gets the job done for business travelers: Comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, in-room coffee makers and a breakfast spread each morning that gets the job done. Its a 15 minute drive to Short Pump, which had quite a few restaurants to choose from. Nearby, there was a Buffalo Wild Wings on the other side of the parking lot (not great, but was an easy option for late night food and drinks) and a Starbucks.

The business center downstairs let us print documents without a fee, which was greatly needed halfway through our stay. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for the business traveler who needs a comfortable place to stay with the basic necessities (in-room coffee maker) that can make a trip that much easier!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
4.5 of 5 stars 189 reviews
SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center
Courtyard by Marriott Richmond North/Glen Allen
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center? Share your experiences!