“Almost better than ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hondos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 148 restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad St.
Description: Hondos is Richmond's prime destination for great steak. Hondos features a variety of perfectly aged cuts, broiled to your request and served sizzling. The menu features three different cuts of filet mignon, a cowboy rib-eye, 24oz porterhouse, two cuts of strip sirloin including a popular Kansas City strip. Hondos also specializes in fresh seafood with such favorites as jumbo lump (absolutely no-filler) crabcakes, South African lobster tails and a daily "fresh catch" to name a few. Whether a romantic evening for two or a business dinner, Hondos is sure to surpass your highest expectations in food and unparalleled service. Why not join us tonight?
Virginia
“Almost better than ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Visited the "new" (since October 2012) Hondo's for the first time last night. Much larger, valet parking, the decor is a step up, and gthe food is still top notch. One small disappointment: The Hondo-theme art has mostly been relegated to the out of the way places where you don't see it while dining.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Barrington, RI
“Service was awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went here on a Saturday at about 8:30 pm and it was not that busy. Sat at the bar and waited about 5 minutes for a menu. Ordered a glass of wine and was poured about a quarter of a glass and told that they would have to get another bottle (no big deal). 30 minutes later, no wine and nobody on staff would even look at me to take my food order. Ended up walking out so I'm not sure how good the food is. I do know that the average steak is around $40 from the menu but with so many choices in that area I would suggest going some place else.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“Take out for lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I should have known better! I work in the area, wanted a good sandwich for lunch and thought I'd give Hundos a try again. It's located in the shops in an office park complex. So I call in my order prime rib steak sandwich, asked them to leave off some of the toppings and was looking forward to a juicy sandwich. What I had when I got back to work was dry over cooked prime rib on a bun, no sauteed onions, no hot au jus nothing. Clearly the ball got dropped somewhere - it was either written up wrong or the cook thought it's take out and it won't come back. So $11.50 for a sandwich that I am sitting here eating but not happy with, and kicking myself for going to such an expensive/pretencious place for a takeout lunch. I won't be going back not even to have a nice sit down relaxing meal .... if you can't get 1 order right then not likely in my mind to get any other order right.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Hondos, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
HONDOS REPLY TAKE OUT
Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. We have tried several times to reach you to no avail. Please accept our most humble apologies if your order was not prepared just as you requested. We would like for all of our guests to know that our chef values take-out orders no less than orders placed when dining in. Each dish is given every consideration, regardless of the origin of order. It is never our intent to seem pretentious; we strive for a warm and welcoming environment for all of our honored guests. If it not too much trouble, might you send me an email with your mailing address? I would like to offer our apologies in a more direct and appropriate forum. My email address is hondos.toni@yahoo.com
Toni Peebles
Director of Sales & Marketing
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Expensive but Great steak and seafood, not to mention exceptional service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The meal and service was excellent! My steak au poivre was prepared exactly the way I requested and the seared scallops I ordered on the side was fantastic. The servers make it a point to call you by name, offers suggestions and is attentive. This is a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion or just go and spoil yourself on a great meal. Be prepared to pay top dollar though but for me, I wasn't disappointed!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“What a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Probably the best steaks in town, bar none. I've also been dreaming about their fried oysters for quite some time and can't wait to get back there for a plate of them. If you're not in Maryland, this is certainly the place to find good oysters. Needless to say the service is exceptional, every time.....definitely 5-star quality.

Visited December 2012

Been to Hondos? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hondos, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.