“Delightful, not your usual Mexican fare” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Delightful, not your usual Mexican fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went for a birthday celebration. I had chile relleno stuffed with jumbo lump car, delicious. My son enjoy his ribs and salad too. Everything beautifully presented. Margaritas were too my liking not too sweet. They even brought a piece of tres leches cake with a candle in it. Service was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
“Very impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had been wanting to try out Maya for a while and finally got around to it last night. The waitress was super nice and attentive (but not too much -- just right!!!). I devoured the chips and salsa (and normally I only eat a few chips/salsa at other mexican restaurants). I loved the menu items b/c they sounded like the regular mexican dishes you get at the 'chain' mexican restaurants we have in Richmond; however each menu item at Maya had a uniqueness about it (fire-grilled corn, the salsa for the chips/salsa almost had a sweetness to the tomato sauce, pineapple guacamole, etc.). I ordered the tapas tradicional with chicken and it was delicious. I ate every bite. I was definitely impressed and will definitely go back. The prices were very reasonable, as well. :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenwood, South Carolina
“Don't miss out!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

If you like to try Mexican/Latin cooking with a twist, this is your place. The menu is very original with both traditional and original dishes. The quality, value, presentation and taste are excellent. The drinks were well made with plenty of alcohol. The highlight of the dinner was when the chef/owner come to see how everything was....
TIP: Try the pork on tostones, they are excellent!

Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Really good, fresh Mexican fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Try the Queso Fundido App. Tender black beans, chorizo, melted cheese and fresh salsa on the side, crazy good. Think it was about $8, I could only eat this with chips and a Mango margarita and leave full and happy.

We also got two tapas plates, the tacos are not too bad but little pricey for what you get, I think they were around $11, the Flautas were really tasty! Service was fine, certainly going back!

mayarva.com

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Pretty good......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My coworkers and I had lunch there today and it was very good. I had their sirloin fajita with grilled vegetables, rice and pico de gallo. Since I have been eating better, I purposefully omitted the cheese and guacamole (not a fan of guac). Service was very good and the prices were okay. My lunch was $15 but I did get a lot of food. In fact, I did not eat all of mine and I didn't even have any chips and salsa beforehand like my coworkers. Definitely would eat here again.

• Visited August 2013