“Maybe it is authentic NY style hot dogs” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 149 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: American
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Maybe it is authentic NY style hot dogs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Being from the south my idea of a chili dog is very different than the 'meat sauce' I got on mine. I think he is trying out real chili now and that would make it a rather good hot dog at a good price. Willing to go back and try again.

Visited June 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Hot dog stand in a storefront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family loves Joey's. It's as straightforward as it comes in terms of menu - hot dog, chips, and drink. As soon as you walk in, tell him how many dogs and what you want on them. From the time you walk in to the first bite it's quicker than most fast food places.

Space can be a little cramped if you're with a crew, but if you're on your own you can hang out at the bar.

Visited October 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“Like the nostalgic flair, loved the value!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Co-workers and I stopped here for lunch today. We have been wanting to stop since we saw a sign saying that Joey's Hotdog was the best in the world! We stay on a regular basis at the hyatt place behind this establishment. Ok, about the hotdog.... We all ordered one dog, you can get the dog all the way which is mustard, onions and chili. My co-worker and I ordered all the way and he added kraut and I added slaw. My other co-worker ordered a plain dog with chili. The dog was all beef and grilled, the bun was soft and hugged the dog nicely and supported all the toppings well. We each got the combo which included a side and a drink. One tried the potato salad and two tried the Greek pasta. The value was the selling point with us. We try and stretch very dollar. One hotdog with toppings goes for $2.25, a combo with one side and drink ran us a whopping $5.32. Great deal!! The hotdog was very good and had a good flavor not overpowering, but we all thought ....hmmm....is this the best hotdog in the world? It was an overwhelming no, Ben's Chili Bowl was better. The potato salad was good and the Greek pasta was good. Overall, it was a good dog, no garlicky aftertaste. The decor is a throwback to the counter shoppe days of soda floats. Great concept. The staff are dressed in the same era including the ship shaped paper hats. The owner was behind the counter and greeted each customer with a hello and what can I get ya! The walls are adorned with celebrity photos both local and nationally. The atmosphere is lively and relaxed. In addition to the beef dog they have others and a ny sausage! Yum! I'll try that next time, yes next time. This is definitely worth a return trip, but I just don't know about the world's best claim. But hey I haven't tried all the dogs in the world, how would I know. Finally as I close, give Joey's Hotdog a try it is one of the better dogs I HAVE tried. Sorry no pics, remember this was lunch, it didn't stay on our plates long.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Great dogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We love this place at the office. It is very common that on Friday someone is making "a run" and they come back with boxes of dogs.

Great place, good selection, great food, and good prices. Well done.

Visited September 2013
Hopewell, VA
“The grandchildren loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We sat a the counter and the grandchildren had a ball! They ate their hot dogs and then had a root beer float. We just love the place.

Visited September 2013