“Great smells, disappointing taste” 3 of 5 stars

Famous Dave's
10085 Brook Rd, Glen Allen, VA
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: Three Richmond locations.
Description: Three Richmond locations.
Virginia Beach
“Great smells, disappointing taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our first time in this restaurant and we were very disappointed. I had the brisket. It was moist but very heavy with smoke flavor as if it were soaked in liquid smoke. The sauce was very good. My wife had chicken and found it OK and just OK. Nothing to write home about. It was a little dry and the sauce was not to her taste. Service was prompt and good. No reason for us to go back to another for dinner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

charlotte, nc
“This trip was just as good as the first two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am usually in the Richmond area once per year on business, and stopped in again last week while in town.

Again, the foot was superb and the service was efficient and friendly. Great ribs and great brisket! I cannot say enough good things about this chain, especially this location.

Stop in once and you will be fan!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, Virginia
“Best BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

First time here. I had the bbq chicken, french fries and mac and cheese. Everything was delicious. Staff was supper friendly. Manager was wonderful. Definitely recommend if you like bbq!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Very good BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Great ribs, brisket to die for and great service.
It was my daughters first stay in Richmond, When I told our server that this would be my last meal at Famous Dave's in Richmond since I was soon to move to Florida She gave us two complimentary bottles of BBQ sauce.

Visited May 2012
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Good ribs, excellent bark and smoke, good range of sides. Was well and truly stuffed with their St Louis and Baby Back 1/2 and 1/2 combo.

Visited May 2012