“WOW! What a great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center

You added Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Virginia Center Parkway, Glen Allen, VA 23059   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Glen Allen
Baltimore, Maryland
“WOW! What a great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My 13 yr old son and I wanted to visit Kings Dominion. Based on the great reviews of other Trip Advisor travellers, we booked the Kings Dominion package at the Wyndham. It was $199 and included two 2-day passes to Kings Dominion, one night at the hotel and a buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Our room was beautiful and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. The buffet breakfast was outstanding. We wanted to get to the park early, so the server in the restaurant gave us containers to fill up and take with us as well as disposable cups for the ride. We travelled from Baltimore to Kings Dominion so we had to actually drive past the park to reach the hotel, but it was well worth the extra 10 minutes. My only wish is that we had planned to stay longer!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
RKNelson, General Manager at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Wow! What a great review.

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at Wyndham Virginia Crossings. Alot of folks who visit King's Dominion are discovering convenience and comfort of Wyndham Virginia Crossings - one of the area's only Four Diamond hotels. I will certainly share your kind words concerning our exceptional and 'very friendly' staff. They will be excited to know how they positively contributed to you and your son's King's Dominion Adventure.

Thank you and we look forward to your return visit.

Safe travels

PS We, too, hope the next time you can stay a bit longer!.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Princess Anne, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

There were at least two large groups at the hotel the weekend we went. There was not enough staff to handle the place being full. We waited an hour for dinner at the bar the first night (the restaurant was closed). The bar was at capacity and there were only two people working. A manager came in, but didn't lift a finger to help. The second day, after waiting over 1.5 hours for a salad, I left and went to Wendy's for lunch. We never tried to eat in again - we were able to get food from room service w/o a long wait - but of course they charge $3 plus 20% for that. The restaurant was closed the entire time we were there, probably because they couldn't keep it open and cater the events. Otherwise the hotel was fine, room was large, maid service was great - just don't try to eat there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts concerning your recent stay at Wyndham Virginia Crossings. I was disappointed to hear of your service difficulties in our restaurant. While we did have some large groups over that time there is no excuse for not providing you and your family excellent service. I apologize for falling short of your expectations.

I do hope you will consider us again if ever in the Richmond area. Wyndham Virginia Crossings is a exceptional hotel and we promise to share your comments with staff.

Once again, thank you and safe travel.
Glen Allen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

It's a very nice hotel with large rooms, but the maids barely make the bed! I left for 3 hours to give them time and I come back to half made beds and nothing was cleaned. The coffee I made in the morning was still an empty cup and the glass I used for wine was sitting there still, some of the pillows were on the floor. Besides that, nice stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
RKNelson, General Manager at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at Wyndham Virginia Crossings and let me first apologize for your housekeeping issues. Our staff takes great pride in their work and it is disappointing when we don't provide guests like yourself with a spotless accommodation. I have shared your comments with our staff and I know they will take them to heart.

Let me assure you, this is not the way operate and I hope when you next visit Richmond or Glen Allen you will consider Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center.

Again, thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. Your comments are important to us.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

We got a queen/queen room here on Priceline for $64/night and felt like we'd hit the jackpot. The hotel, a former corporate site surrounded by a golf course, has a country club vibe, low-rise brick buildings around a u-shaped drive, pool, volleyball net, basketball hoop, formal dining room and 'tavern.' It's right off I-95 but you'd never know that from the quiet grounds. It's a bit of a drive to downtown Richmond, maybe 20 minutes, but it was nicer than a downtown hotel for our weekend. The pool was small, but open late for evening swims.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
RKNelson, Manager at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Thank you for the kind words about Wyndham Virginia Crossings. We're so glad you discovered our property. In spite of our accessible location we do have a relaxed, 'country club vibe' (well put) and happy to know you and your family enjoyed your stay. By the way, if you're a golfer, The Crossings is a very enjoyable and reasonably priced golf course. Great fun for the whole family.

We do hope the next time you visit Richmond or Glen Allen, you once again select Wyndham Virginia Crossings.

Safe Travels.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was visiting the Richmond, Virginia, area after having moved away a couple of years ago. I had lived there for nearly 20 years, and I was surprised that I hadn't heard of this gem before. I booked this hotel online based on price and availability, as well as the positive reviews written by other travelers, and I was not disappointed. What an absolutely delightful experience!

I was a guest there for 4 nights, and I truly have nothing negative to say. The facility itself is lovely, well-kept and exudes old Virginia charm. The room was large, clean and well appointed, and the air conditioning worked beautifully (which was good, as it was unusually hot for June in Richmond).

During my stay I needed to use the business center; it was more than adequate and easily reachable via unique tunnels that connect the 3 buildings that make up the complex. Room service was great, and the price was very reasonable. The location of the hotel is a bit off the beaten path, but it is easily accessible either by interstate or surface roads. It's close to shopping, dining, and local historic sites without being in a highly congested area (like the traffic nightmare Short Pump has become -- for those of you familiar with Richmond.)

I will definitely stay there again on my next visit. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
RKNelson, General Manager at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Thank you for your enthusiastic recommendation of Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center. Your comments concerning our property including our rooms - large, clean, well appointed and cool (especially during the summer as you point out), in-room dining - "great', and experience - "delightful" will be shared with our exceptional staff. Many guests have echoed your comments on our location as well - "close to shopping, dining, history and near Richmond" but accessible and not in the midst of traffic congestion.

We do hope it won't be 20 years between your next visit to Richmond - and when you do return, please come and stay with us again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

The grounds were absolutely beautiful, the staff (Barbara and Fatimah) was courteous and accommodating. Chamber music was playing on the grounds - lending to the serene ambiance. The food was delicious.
I had a business report to complete and the business center provided free internet, computers, printing, faxing and - even a shredder. Couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
All of the staff at Wyndham Virginia Crossings thank you for you wonderful review of our hotel. I will pass your kudos along to everyone, most notably, Barbara and Fatimah - two of our very best! I'll also be certain to pass along your culinary compliments to the chef.

We do hope the next time you're in Richmond you return once again to Wyndham Virginia Crossings.

Buena Vista
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

Very pleased with property and staff. My neighbor and I decided to take a three day trip to the area with two young children. We had booked another hotel closer to the attractions we planned on frequenting prior to doing a bedbug report. After our findings it was imperative to find clean and comfortable lodgings. This hotel exceeded my expectations for the value. I must say that EVERY staff member was professional--Joy, Fatimah, Jason, our other housekeeper who helped me with my Spanish...Thank you!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you, your neighbor and your two children for selecting Wyndham Virginia Crossings during your recent trip to the Richmond area. We're please to know that we exceeded your expectations. We have a wonderful staff at our hotel and want to thank you for taking time to give special recognition for the service recieved. In particular, I'll let Joy, Fatimah, Jason and the housekeeping staff know how much you enjoyed your stay - and your spanish lesson as well!

Please come back and see us the next time you visit Richmond or Glen Allen, Virginia.

Safe travels.

Been to Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!