“Not a horrible place, but not worth price paid and not one of the better Hilton Garden Inns” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Glen Allen
Certificate of Excellence 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

While this Hilton Garden Inn has the standard amenities that these hotels typically have, the service and quality was less than impressive. Upon check in, my Hilton Gold status was not mentioned as it usually is, nor was any kind of upgrade attempt mentioned. The desk clerk simply stated "your water is already in the room", referring to the bottles of water that Hilton Honors members receive. The room is fairly basic, albeit clean however the valance is falling off of the window and the air conditioner is quite noisy. These are things that should never happen at a Hilton Hotel. Not enough to request a new room, but still not up to Hiltons standards. I ordered room service the first night I was there and was less than impressed. The chicken wings were very greasy and did not come with any blue cheese or ranch and only one celery stick. The salad was very small, but tasted ok. I also ordered a steak wrap later on which had only a very small amount of steak and was not all that good. I got it in a to go box to take back to my room and was not given napkins or any condiments (except for ketchup). The staff is somewhat friendly, but you can tell that the front desk staff is really trying just not to be rude, so it comes off as fake. All in all this hotel needs a good deal of improvements to even meet Hiltons standards. If I were to return to this area again, I would definitely explore other Hilton hotels in the area rather than return to this one.

Room Tip: The hotel is very basic. Not sure it matters what room you pick.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Carter M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Tampachris25,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Additionally, I understand that you were disappointed with your entrées and I have brought your comments to our culinary team to actively rework our offerings with your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. We will also be going under renovation in August so the rooms will see a big enhancement very quickly. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newport News, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel requires some deep cleaning and renovations. I received less than I expected form Hilton Gardens as well as the price I paid for the room.I was in the area attending a conference and only resided in the hotel for one night. I have previously had very good experiences with Hilton Garden Hotels. It did cause a degree of trauma to be awaken by loud voices outside of my door at two o clock in the morning. It sounded like the cops were attempting to apprehend someone because I also heard a dispatch radio. I only got a 3 hours of sleep that night (very tired the next day). One Hundred dollars is a lot of money to spend to be a state of discomfort. I did not receive the quality of services I paid for. I was in the area attending a conference and only resided in the hotel for one night. I have previously had very good experiences with Hilton Garden Hotels. It did cause a degree of trauma to be awaken by loud voices outside of my door at two o clock in the morning. It sounded like the cops were attempting to apprehend someone because I also heard a dispatch radio. I only got a 3 hours of sleep that night (very tired the next day). One Hundred dollars is a lot of money to spend to be a state of discomfort. I did not receive the quality of services I paid for. Your heating equipment and refrigerator were also noisy. The toilet and bathtub were stained and need to be replaced. I would like to be reimbursed. Customers are willing to pay more just to be comfortable and feel safe. I do not think this expectation is unrealistic. Thank you for the survey.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Carter M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Molly,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. I am so sorry for the noise on the hall that happened during your stay. It is not typical of our hotel but we had to take the right precautions for the safety of our guest. For your piece of mind it was a guest that just had to much fun at a retirement party that night and the situation was resolved quickly.

Molly, At Hilton Garden Inn Innsbrook, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. I am glad we could communicate earlier to resolve your dissatisfaction and look forward to your return visit. Thank you you again for the business and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Standard Hilton Garden Inn, nothing special, nothing to complain about. A short 15/20min drive from the airport and close to a small retail park for restaurants and beers.

Checkin was swift, good rooms, but as with many Hilton's if your not a gold member breakfast is expensive.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Carter M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Murrahj,
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel its amenities and surrounding area. We look forward to welcoming you back.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pool Extremely cold, could not enjoy. Stayed for indoor pool. Water all over floor in pool very slippery. Myself and my grand daughter both fell on floor. Charge for breakfast even being a diamond Member. No snacks or waters

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I'm sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the pool being cold and that you did not receive your breakfast vouchers as a diamond member. I will work with our maintenance team to address the pool temp right away and will make sure the front desk staff understands the perks of being a Diamond member. Thank you again for your feedback and If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Madison Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful lobby, breakfast reasonably price although I did not partake. Complimentary fruit water available in lobby. Awesome view of garden and water from room. Very comfortable bed and room was quiet to any outside noise.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Carter M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Alice H,
We are so glad you chose our hotel for your trip! Our work hard to keep the hotel clean and orderly and we are glad that showed through during your stay. I hope that you will stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook on your next visit to the area and spend a few more nights with us!
Charlotte, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is as good as it gets with hotels. An exceptionally clean room, a bed so comfortable I would have liked to take it home with me and incredibly attentive staff. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Gloria W,
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook! I'm happy that you found our beds to be comfortable and that our staff took care of you during your visit!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Richmond.
Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a nice property, typical of the Hilton Garden brand. We arrived about 8ish and the kitchen was pretty much closed. They were able to make us a few sandwiches but nothing great for a Sunday night and we were too tired from driving to go out any where. My son wanted to hit the pool which was indoors and it was absolutely freezing. We asked if the pool was heated and they said it was but that it may have been broke and would maintenance check it in the morning. We are not a fan of the hilton garden in breakfasts but ate it anyway as we wanted to hurry and get on the road. My son just wanted a plain vanilla yogurt and they didn't have any. They also couldn't make him any plain eggs, only omletts...needless to say we spent money on breakfast for him and all he ate was a banana and milk. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Amanda,
Thank you so much for your business during your January stay. We are glad you enjoyed the property but I am sorry about the pool temperature and food service. There was about a week in January when our pool heater went down. We were able to fix that and the pool temperature sits at a pleasant 82 degrees . As for the food service we have added a Food and Beverage Director since you stay who has made a lot of great changes. Our full service dining room and bar are open from 5:30pm to 10pm and our omelet chef would be glad to fix your sons eggs anyways he would like next time he is hear. Thanks you again for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon so you can witness the changes first hand. You Can Count On Us!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook? Share your experiences!