“overall satisfaction” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 hotels in Glen Allen
Charlotte, United States
“overall satisfaction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I think this is a nice hotel and the staff is very helpful and friendly. They have a pretty good fitness center and the hotel is located near some good places to eat and socialize as well as being good for my work.

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Deltaville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Conveniently located for Innsbrook & Short Pump, it is a clean, quiet, modern hotel. In-house restaurant is good, and there are adjacent options. The hotel meets all expectations for an overnight stay or business conference.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed here a full week and had an average experience. Staff was very nice. My boyfriend and I had breakfast one morning and they brought me the wrong item. The waiter was extremely gracious and tried everything he could to make it up to me. The bed was comfortable and rooms were on relatively good condition. I would stay again for a shorter stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Norton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a good location west of Richmond with a very friendly and accommodating staff. Plenty of good restaurants within a 5 minute drive and a few within walking distance. The food in the hotel is pretty good in a pinch and the breakfast service is quite convenient.

Danville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Coming to Richmond for business and had stayed at this hotel before and remembered how clean it was. Decided to stay again and was still pleased. Clean rooms and nice ammenities. I feel like the parking lot needs a little more lighting but overall was a good experience.

Winchester, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I booked a room through priceline. As soon as the room was booked, I called the hotel to request a room with 2 double beds and nonsmoking. They referred me to priceline, so I called priceline and the operator put me on hold while she contacted the hotel. When she came back on the line, she told me who she had spoken with and that I would have a room with 2 queen beds at no extra upcharge. At check-in, I along with 3 guests was given a king room with no apologies from the lady at the front desk. She even fussed about getting a rollaway bed for us. When Priceline called to see about a different room, they were told that the person who made the 2queen commitment was no longer working there. I and my guests were incredibly uncomfortable in a hot room with 3 on a king bed and 1 on an uncomfortable rollaway (you could feel and hear every spring on the rollaway). I was in frustrated tears on the phone for an hour and the hotel staff was condescending and basically told me that I should never use priceline. The hotel did not appear to be full, so it's difficult for me to believe that there were no rooms available for us with 2 queens. Our room was stuffy because the ac would not cool below 70 degrees even though it could be set at 63. The curtain was falling off the window, the king bed had 2 different sized pads making one side higher. The next morning, the housekeeper went down our hallway loudly knocking on doors at 9:20 am even though checkout was at noon.The only employee who seemed to care about us was Lisa on Sun morning. When I told her of our ordeal, she gave us a free breakfast and apologized for our discomfort. I will never stay at this hotel again, and if I am going to be treated poorly because I reserve through priceline, I will no longer use the service. I travel often, so I am very aware of the difference in how I was treated because of the priceline reservation. What was meant to be a fun girls night turned into a miserable, hot, restless night that felt like a 1 star hotel rather than a 3 star. Unhappy with priceline customer service but mostly with the hotel staff and customer service. I will go out of my way next time I'm in Richmond area to stay somewhere else. I should note that the lady at the front desk seemed to treat customers who booked through the hotel really well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The front desk person was very friendly and welcoming. The room was typical for Hilton Garden Inn. The one negative that I noticed was that the bathroom seemed to show quite a bit of wear in the bathtub. It was not dirty but appeared old. The room itself was clean and the HVAC worked well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook? Share your experiences!