“Treated horribly” 1 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Glen Allen
“Treated horribly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

HORRIBLE customer service - I have never been treated so horribly by a hotel manager in my life. We were there for a soccer tournament, and when a few of the parents gathered in the lobby with some beverages, she called the cops on us instead of asking us politely to go elsewhere. NO JOKE!! They also wouldn't allow me to pay with a Marriott gift card I had purchased because I was getting a group rate, after our team rep called ahead to make sure we could. Very disappointing. That woman shouldn't be in the hospitality business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jeffrey A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, however the Springhill Suites by Marriott has a strict no party policy in place for the comfort of all guests at the hotel, and we do not permit loud music systems in our public areas. Additionally, the state of Virginia has a strict ABC law prohibiting the consumption of outside alcohol in public places. Our staff strives for excellence and superb customer service, and I am sorry to hear your report on our hotel. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Winsted, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband & I were traveling from Florida to CT. We were delighted with the entire Spring Hill overnite stay. Everything was perfect from check-in to check-out. Pleased with the value (have stayed in other hotels that were much more expensive and certainly no where near as good!) Courteous & helpful front desk staff, excellent room with crispy, clean bedding and cleanest of room accomodations. Very quiet. Breakfast was excellent with wide array of tasty choices... Brenda most enjoyable and friendly. We most definately have Spring Hill in Glen Allen marked as our best stay and will stay again on our trips South.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback!! At the Springhill Suites Richmond Virginia Center we strive for excellent customer service, and I am delighted to her we have exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you and your husband again during your next trip south.
California, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had not stayed at SpringHill Suites before and was curious to find out how it compares to other Marriott properties. Right away, I was pleased with the location because it is not enveloped by other properties and has some tall pines in the back. The room my husband and I were given seemed pleasing enough, however; we had barely spent any time in it before a plethora of young teenage girls took over our floor and began giggling and running up and down the halls continuously. I asked my husband to see if we could switch to a quieter floor and the front desk staff took care of it immediately. The new room, located on the 4th floor, appealed to me even more. Best of all, we didn’t hear a noise other than the chirping of birds in the morning and a few footsteps in the hallway. The only thing I did not care for was the rather small tub and basic showerhead.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear you were disturbed by the young teenagers in your first room, however I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy your stay despite the initial issue. I hope you and your husband visit the Springhill Suites Richmond Virginia Center the next time you are in the area.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Completely remodeled and gorgeous. Fantastic Marriott bedding, ammenities and service. Benisa, the GM, is a professional. The staff is friendly and courteous. The pool is great. Fitness center is awesome and the partnership with the Anytime Fitness across the street is a nice addition if you want more than what's in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we are delighted to serve you and hope to you choose the Springhill Suites Richmond Virginia Center during your next visit to the area.
Harrisonburg, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending Legofest at the Convention Center which my 7-year old was extremely excited about. Like most kids probably, he loves staying in hotels especially where there is a pool! We were not able to taken advantage of the pool at the hotel this weekend as the pump was down and a new one had to be ordered. The staff was not overly friendly except for the breakfast hostess who was great! She remembered guests who had been there before and who were there on long stays and was especially accommodating to everyone.
Front desk staff went missing when I went to complain about conditions of the sofa bed (after calling the desk and getting no answer.) There were food wrappers, crumbs and even cigar wrappers in the bed. There were no linens in the bag for the sofa bed only a mattress cover and bedspread. When my husband went to ask for some, the staff made him feel like an idiot and questioned whether he looked thoroughly enough for them. We also asked for an extra pillow but were told to "use one of the four on the bed". Wow! Really? We can't have an extra pillow?

I am a Marriott loyalist and while the hotel was nice at a glance, the condition of the sofa bed made me scrutinize everything. I wish when we had checked in, someone would have spoken up and said "the pool is down" as we might have driven down a block to the next Marriott-brand hotel to better accommodate my son.

We were given a $25 discount on our room when we checked out, but only after complaining one final time as it seems no one had relayed my complaint from the night before to the manager as promised. My husband, who is the most laid-back person I know, gives everyone the benefit of the doubt but he says that one particular member of the front desk staff was just plain "rude" and although we travel to this area often, my husband's vote is that we scratch this location off of our list of places to stay. We had stayed here before without our son and things went better, but I guess as parents you are a little more sensitive when traveling with your family. Yet, I am sure that a simple smile and sincere courtesy from the staff would have made all of these things seem minor.

Additionally. . .and this may just be a Marriott promotion. . .when we booked, we had a package that offered "free" breakfast and a $5 gift card for the Market Shop in the hotel. Breakfast is always free here but we did not get our gift card. If I had remembered, I may have asked for it.

I emailed the manager this morning, but go no response but did notice that they do take time to post on this site so maybe this is a better format to reach them.

Room Tip: Rooms are listed as "suites" but "studio" may be better description as they are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miriam N, Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that our hotel did not meet the expectations you had in mind. Please email me so I can address your concerns. This is definitely not a norm for our hotel. We hope to serve you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere that was more quiet. I have sleep issues but could not hear anything from the neighboring rooms. I had no issues with the water pressure and there was plenty of hot water. The staff was nice and friendly. We took advantage of the little market for some cold drinks. The fitness room was very nice-2 treadmills, an elliptical, and bikes. They even had dumbbells. I am not much for breakfast-give me yogurt and I am good to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay. We are hoping to house you during your future travels to the area. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We spent a night here as we were driving up towards the North East. The GPS tried to confuse us but the hotel is visible from a distance and it was not difficult to drive to. The suite was comfortable. The staff was helpful. We did not go out for dinner, instead ordered some take out food. The breakfast next morning was good. They don't have WiFi in the room and that may be a problem for some. But if you don't mind sitting at the study table then the speed is good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback on your stay. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to accomodate you during your future travels to the area. We actually do offer Wi-Fi in the guest rooms and i am sorry that you were not able to connect to it from your room during your stay. Please contact the hotel directly, if we can be of any further assistance.

Been to SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center? Share your experiences!