“Go elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10961 West Broad Street, Glen Allen, VA 23060 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Glen Allen
“Go elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

This place is nasty and dirty. The staff was nice enough but what really matters are the rooms and the one I had was disgusting and dirty. It's outdated and bedding and so fourth had stains and cigarette burns. The toilet and bathtub were dirty as well. We literally spent an hour there and left to stay elsewhere because the little time we spent there we were bitten by unseen bugs. My daughter was covered in bites. Also, there were a lot of little kids just hanging out in the parking lot unsupervised. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of your experience. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). Thank you.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Not only was the room filthy, the beds awful, and the smell intolerable, but I forgot my personal belongings and was told they weren't there. In addition, I was overcharged on my credit card and am having a hard time getting it straight with them. When I got home I realized I had forgotten my phone and iPad chargers plugged into the wall. I called IMMEDIATELY and was told they would check and call back. They never called back so I went to the property in person. SURPRISE, they had never checked and when they asked housekeeping they said they weren't there. I asked about the next guest and they said he was a regular and he didn't see them. DO NOT GO HERE....You will regret your decision! That is unless you don't mind the dirt, stench and horrible beds.

Room Tip: Rooms are all bad.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Very dated room. Everything in the room could use updating. Bathtub was the worst! It was very stained and crud in the drain. We did not use the bathtub bc of this. We went to the Y for our showers it was so bad. The staff was friendly and was a good value but not sure if I would go cheaper next time.

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Thank you for bringing the bathroom issue to my attention. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Please also note that our company is in the process of renovating our hotels. So please consider trying us or one of our sister hotels again in the near future.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Excellent service, nice staffs, quiet enviroment and great location for a family to stay. Long stay rate is tax free that lowers the room rate quite a lot. Promp and high quality room service if there is a need. It is helpful to pay monthly rent by weekly installments.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Wen,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words!
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Spent 1 night here, booked via Priceline. Didn't end up saving a lot of money. Keep in mind that front desk is not 24-7, so try to arrive during business hours for check-in. My room smelled something like cigarette smoke when I walked in, but I just kept running the air conditioner to keep air circulating .. you may want to bring a plug-in air freshener. Rest of the place was quite clean. This hotel does supply towels / linens upon arrival, and apparently you can get new ones at front desk on subsequent days. Also, there is a kitchenette with silverware and pots/pans/plates - but I brought my own disposable plate & utensils because I don't trust whoever washed the stuff in the room. The full-size fridge and microwave are helpful. At night, I felt a bit uneasy because the door faced directly outside, but the area is very suburban and relatively safe-looking. Lots of immigrants living in this complex.
In the area, there is tons of big-box style suburban shopping for whatever you need, including a Food Lion within a 10min drive so you can do some cooking.
There is also free wi-fi (which has not been updated on their website) as of early 2012.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to all of your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

No frills hotel. Room looks like it needs some updating (couch, tv, dresser, carpet). Front desk lady nice, good location and provides the basic things you need for a family on a budget. No daily room service but I read that on the website and the front desk lady told me upon arrival. If I need extra towels, I can go to the front desk. Overall, its a fair price place to stay while your are away from home.

• Stayed June 2012

Forest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I came here and asked for a non smoking room and was told that there were none. The room that I got was dirty. Urine on the toilet. Old food still on the stove. Cup rings on the nightstand. Foot stain in the tub. Dirty coffe pot and cups. I ended up cleaning the place myself. Someone in one of the rooms was playing loud bass music and it kept me up all night. Go to a better hotel, don't stay here! See pictures that I will upload. I only wish I could upload video!

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64? Share your experiences!