“Needs major updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10961 West Broad Street, Glen Allen, VA 23060 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Glen Allen
“Needs major updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Very dated room. Everything in the room could use updating. Bathtub was the worst! It was very stained and crud in the drain. We did not use the bathtub bc of this. We went to the Y for our showers it was so bad. The staff was friendly and was a good value but not sure if I would go cheaper next time.

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Thank you for bringing the bathroom issue to my attention. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. Please also note that our company is in the process of renovating our hotels. So please consider trying us or one of our sister hotels again in the near future.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Excellent service, nice staffs, quiet enviroment and great location for a family to stay. Long stay rate is tax free that lowers the room rate quite a lot. Promp and high quality room service if there is a need. It is helpful to pay monthly rent by weekly installments.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Wen,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. I'm so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words!
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Spent 1 night here, booked via Priceline. Didn't end up saving a lot of money. Keep in mind that front desk is not 24-7, so try to arrive during business hours for check-in. My room smelled something like cigarette smoke when I walked in, but I just kept running the air conditioner to keep air circulating .. you may want to bring a plug-in air freshener. Rest of the place was quite clean. This hotel does supply towels / linens upon arrival, and apparently you can get new ones at front desk on subsequent days. Also, there is a kitchenette with silverware and pots/pans/plates - but I brought my own disposable plate & utensils because I don't trust whoever washed the stuff in the room. The full-size fridge and microwave are helpful. At night, I felt a bit uneasy because the door faced directly outside, but the area is very suburban and relatively safe-looking. Lots of immigrants living in this complex.
In the area, there is tons of big-box style suburban shopping for whatever you need, including a Food Lion within a 10min drive so you can do some cooking.
There is also free wi-fi (which has not been updated on their website) as of early 2012.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to all of your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

No frills hotel. Room looks like it needs some updating (couch, tv, dresser, carpet). Front desk lady nice, good location and provides the basic things you need for a family on a budget. No daily room service but I read that on the website and the front desk lady told me upon arrival. If I need extra towels, I can go to the front desk. Overall, its a fair price place to stay while your are away from home.

• Stayed June 2012

Forest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I came here and asked for a non smoking room and was told that there were none. The room that I got was dirty. Urine on the toilet. Old food still on the stove. Cup rings on the nightstand. Foot stain in the tub. Dirty coffe pot and cups. I ended up cleaning the place myself. Someone in one of the rooms was playing loud bass music and it kept me up all night. Go to a better hotel, don't stay here! See pictures that I will upload. I only wish I could upload video!

• Stayed May 2012
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I are professors who had an excellent stay
when we traveled to VCU. Jaharie, the woman
who greeted us at the desk and Dean Sidoti the general manager
were so remarkably professional that we felt we had to share our
experience.

We arrive late.Jaharie greeted us calmly and warmly, naturally putting us at ease after
our long drive. We explained that we had special requirements for our
room. The hotel was almost fully booked and she would have few
options, however as she checked us in she listened sympathetically to
what it was we needed.

I would not have noticed if I had not been paying close attention, but
as she checked us in, she had to handle a phone call, do some
paperwork, and one or two other guests arrived at the desk. As I
observed, I was impressed by how focussed she was. I figured out that
she quickly finished everything about the phone call and its paperwork
before returning to our paperwork, ensuring she would not make any
mistakes about the phone reservation. Despite how much she was doing,
she was constantly the picture of calmness and pleasantness, with no
sense of rushing. I thought she was processing our check in, which was
taking the normal amount of time. When she finished, we were
pleasantly surprised to find she had actually worked out a way to come
up with something appropriate for us. I noticed the other guests,
perhaps there on a longer stay based on what they appeared to need,
were not at all impatient. When we walked to our room, the whole
property was tranquil, though indeed the hotel was full.

Our room was splendid. Very clean, everything in good repair, as if
all previous guests had treated the property with respect.

When we returned to the front desk, a gentleman had just been
finishing something in the office. As I praised the room to Jahari, I
learned this gentleman was Dean Sidoti, the general manager. Jahari
was very happy while at the same time revealing respect and admiration
toward Mr. Sidoti, appropriate to his evident pride in his property
and in his employee, as well as his care for her and the happiness of
his guest.

We have stayed in many hotels, including a number of times for
extended stays. and this property was remarkable in the quality of its
management. As I looked back at the other guests in the property, I
could easily imagine that they were inspired just as we were by the
atmosphere created by the management and staff that made us feel right
at home. We know from experience that the character of the hotel
reflects the character of the management, and this property certainly
had the mark of exceptional management.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Glen Allen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I had come to Homestead Studio Suites here in Glen Allen to stay for a few months...but my stay has ended up longer than I anticipated. If there are any issues, the office staff takes immediate action...The front desk staff, Becky & Nicole are very accommodating...as well as the rest of the staff... Every single one of them so friendly :)

I highly recommend your stay here @ Homestead Studio Suites, a home away from home....They will take very good care of you :)

Room Tip: Ask the front office to be in smoking room or if you have animals, they will put you in your best ro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64? Share your experiences!