“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10961 West Broad Street, Glen Allen, VA 23060 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #8 of 22 hotels in Glen Allen
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

No frills hotel. Room looks like it needs some updating (couch, tv, dresser, carpet). Front desk lady nice, good location and provides the basic things you need for a family on a budget. No daily room service but I read that on the website and the front desk lady told me upon arrival. If I need extra towels, I can go to the front desk. Overall, its a fair price place to stay while your are away from home.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Forest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I came here and asked for a non smoking room and was told that there were none. The room that I got was dirty. Urine on the toilet. Old food still on the stove. Cup rings on the nightstand. Foot stain in the tub. Dirty coffe pot and cups. I ended up cleaning the place myself. Someone in one of the rooms was playing loud bass music and it kept me up all night. Go to a better hotel, don't stay here! See pictures that I will upload. I only wish I could upload video!

• Stayed May 2012
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I are professors who had an excellent stay
when we traveled to VCU. Jaharie, the woman
who greeted us at the desk and Dean Sidoti the general manager
were so remarkably professional that we felt we had to share our
experience.

We arrive late.Jaharie greeted us calmly and warmly, naturally putting us at ease after
our long drive. We explained that we had special requirements for our
room. The hotel was almost fully booked and she would have few
options, however as she checked us in she listened sympathetically to
what it was we needed.

I would not have noticed if I had not been paying close attention, but
as she checked us in, she had to handle a phone call, do some
paperwork, and one or two other guests arrived at the desk. As I
observed, I was impressed by how focussed she was. I figured out that
she quickly finished everything about the phone call and its paperwork
before returning to our paperwork, ensuring she would not make any
mistakes about the phone reservation. Despite how much she was doing,
she was constantly the picture of calmness and pleasantness, with no
sense of rushing. I thought she was processing our check in, which was
taking the normal amount of time. When she finished, we were
pleasantly surprised to find she had actually worked out a way to come
up with something appropriate for us. I noticed the other guests,
perhaps there on a longer stay based on what they appeared to need,
were not at all impatient. When we walked to our room, the whole
property was tranquil, though indeed the hotel was full.

Our room was splendid. Very clean, everything in good repair, as if
all previous guests had treated the property with respect.

When we returned to the front desk, a gentleman had just been
finishing something in the office. As I praised the room to Jahari, I
learned this gentleman was Dean Sidoti, the general manager. Jahari
was very happy while at the same time revealing respect and admiration
toward Mr. Sidoti, appropriate to his evident pride in his property
and in his employee, as well as his care for her and the happiness of
his guest.

We have stayed in many hotels, including a number of times for
extended stays. and this property was remarkable in the quality of its
management. As I looked back at the other guests in the property, I
could easily imagine that they were inspired just as we were by the
atmosphere created by the management and staff that made us feel right
at home. We know from experience that the character of the hotel
reflects the character of the management, and this property certainly
had the mark of exceptional management.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Glen Allen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I had come to Homestead Studio Suites here in Glen Allen to stay for a few months...but my stay has ended up longer than I anticipated. If there are any issues, the office staff takes immediate action...The front desk staff, Becky & Nicole are very accommodating...as well as the rest of the staff... Every single one of them so friendly :)

I highly recommend your stay here @ Homestead Studio Suites, a home away from home....They will take very good care of you :)

Room Tip: Ask the front office to be in smoking room or if you have animals, they will put you in your best ro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Burbank
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I am an IT Consultant often on business travel. After a long engagement for a leading bank headquartered in the mid-west, I and my wife decided to go on a road trip from Minneapolis, MN to Richmond, VA where I was starting a new assignment.

Tired and weary, we checked in at Homestead Suites Extended Stay, Glen Allen where we were helped by KC Morris for everything we needed e.g. hotel amenities, extra pillows, bottle opener, laundry items, etc. and useful information on a whole lot things - locations/directions of good restaurants, oriental groceries, places to shop for specific items, etc. From the get-go, KC and his staff gave us a feeling of confidence and belonging that made our relocation much easier and comfortable.

I and my wife felt at home right away, and I know this would not have been possible if it were not for the awesome and friendly support we received from KC and his team.

For service par excellence, we will always remember Homestead / Extended Stay and have since then stayed at your hotels thanks to KC who has always booked our stay with many of your hotels from Richmond to Little Rock, AK, Tenessee through Albuquerqe, TX on our way to Los Angeles, CA.

I commend KC and the Homestead crew for sterling service, and hope they are recognized tangibly by your organization.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Stayed here with DH while on business. The room was quite sufficient, bed, bath/shower kitchenette and tv. The decor was dated and could stand some updating,(flat screen) and more channels. What made it "very good" was that it was clean. The front desk staff was always helpful. We returned early one morning and the key did not work. Response time was excellent and we were in the room without having to wait too long. This is a no frills hotel. Daily cleaning and fresh towels are an extra cost. I always bring my own towels and I like not having someone in and out on a daily basis. The location was excellent. Several dining options and a Starbucks, all within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Gloucester, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Well, first of all - the good things. Becky was kind enough to ask the owners if we could bring 4 cats (not 2, which is what is allowed per room) for our stay Friday-Saturday, August 26-27, 2011, due to Hurricane Irene; and we were granted permission (@ $25 per cat). Thank you Becky for being such a doll! The rest of the good things - we never lost power; the AC worked great; it was very close to a Starbucks, Marshall's, etc. and I think that's about it!

The bad news - the room was not a suite but a hotel room with a kitchenette in it, thus making it very small. The bathroom was small, very out-dated and dirty, as was the kitchen area. I had brought Clorox Wipes with me and went to town using them in the bathroom and kitchen. The bedspreads looked to be from the 80's, combined with the plaid drapes, and the blankets were so icky that I refused to use them and begged my husband to go to Marshall's Friday night to get blankets and pillow cases (which he did). We discovered upon arrival that there was only a used roll of toilet paper in the bathroom (and no spare roll); no shampoo (my husband asked at the front desk and was told that they had none!); no dishwashing detergent for the sink; no hair-dryer; etc. - you get the picture. My husband had to go to Martin's to pick up all kinds of things that we associate with being requisite for a hotel room!

Bottom line - we had to evacuate with our 4 kitties due to Hurricane Irene but ended up spending $300.00 for 2 nights at what I can only politely call a dive. We immediately gave our cats flea treatments upon arriving home yesterday; and I washed everything that we had taken with us!

Use good judgement and book 2 rooms at another hotel, for an emergency if you have more than 2 cats/dogs. I would have rated this terrible if not for Becky and her willingness to ask about allowing 4 cats per room.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel if possible
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64? Share your experiences!