“great Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Opened about a month ago
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
“great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for 5 years. It is great. The two owners work had to please and have great food and service. Do not miss this experience.

Great selections all done well

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Bad chicken”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Have eaten here a few times. It is ok for a quick lunch during work. A co-worker and I had lunch here and realized after two bites, that I had to spit out, that the chicken was spoiled. The waiter came by to ask about our meal, I told him the chicken was spoiled. After a few minutes he came back and said they would reduce our meal by 10%. Really! Due to the language barrier and our need to get back to work there was no time to prepare another meal let alone argue about it. DONT ORDER THE HIBACHI CHICKEN!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tampa Bay, Florida
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I enjoyed my meal at Tokyo Sushi Japanese Restaurant. Even though I was expecting a tableside hibachi, the food came out hot and was very good. Nice miso soup., solid salad with traditional tsunami of ginger dressing, and a tasty shrimp and steak hibachi main course. I ordered some sushi to go, too and it was good. Very good service. Friendly people. I'd return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, VA
“Make plans to come to Tokyo Sushi soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I found this gem because a VCU student told me about it. I arrived at 12:15 on a Sunday, and it opens at noon so my son and I were the first ones there. I am not exactly a sushi lover, but I do love hibachi and they have great options! The portions were excellent, and as we began our luncheon journey with a crab and cheese appetizer, which came lightly fried and so light and sweet, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. There were 8 appetizers! My son and I were gobbling them down with our chopsticks. Then they brought a salad, which I ate quickly and miso soup (excellent). Before we were done, we also ordered chicken on a stick with teriyaki sauce and they were excellent. We packed some to take home, as we also could not finish the chicken or the crab and cheese bites before out entree came: both hibachi with fried rice, one being chicken and shrimp and the other just chicken. The portions, as I said, were excellent sized, and I ate all mine and my son, who was full by now, ate most of his chicken before we left. The vegetables were perfectly cooked so we did not have an issue with soggy food. The hibachi sauce added a special flavor. The server, from China, kept our glasses filled and was very helpful. We sadly did not have room for the desserts, but when I return I want to try the fried ice cream!
I will return for another chance to dine well. I would also like to mention that the entire restaurant and rest rooms were IMMACULATE. The sushi bar is fantastic! When we left, six tables were full. Please try this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“The most fresh sushi and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We live in Short Pump area with many sushi places, bit we did not find sushi place that we want to return in Short Pump. Tokyo Sushi is a bit far from us but we will definitely go back. Great selection, super fresh sushi, excellent atmosphere, very reasonable prices and very nice stuff.
Love it and will be back.

• Visited November 2013