“A new experience” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Opened about a month ago
Glen Allen, Virginia
“A new experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We wandered in here when the sports bar and grill in the same strip mall was overcrowded and noisy. The oasis of calm enveloped us (until two tiny noisy kids came in, but that was not the owner's fault). We had never eaten at a Japanese restaurant before, prefering to stick to the tried and true. The hostess/waitress explained how the menu works and showed us pictures of some of the dishes. Both our entrees came with miso soup, now there's a new taste, and a small salad - crisp lettuce topped with finely julienned carrots. My hibachi shrimp and my husband's hibachi chicken were both delicious. The variety of fresh cooked vegetables was crisp, tender and mouth watering. The fried rice was fully cooked but not soggy. The plate was beautifully garnished with parsley sprigs, julienned carrots and a marascino cherry - a nice touch all too often missing even in high end restaurants these days. There was enough food we took half home for dinner the next night. All this was washed down with a large can of Japanese beer which we shared at the waitress's suggestion. We enjoyed an unexpectedly good meal in a (mostly) calm atmosphere right on our doorstep. We will return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Wonderful as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I came here for lunch with coworkers and was not disappointed. The food wa wonderful as was the service. This is my favorite sushi place

Virginia
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I came here with coworkers for lunch. I usually get sushi but this time had hibachi shrimp. It was wonderful. I have yet to try something bad here. They also have awesome service. I highly recommend.

“Pretty Darn Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Pros...Nice environment, attentive staff, pretty rolls.
Cons...me and friend ordered two different rolls they came out looking the same.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashland, Virginia, United States
“Best, freshest sushi in central Virginia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and i discovered this restauarnt when we were having a MAJOR sushi craving and looked up local eateries on Google. We are relatively new to the area transplanted from Northern, VA and hadn't been lucky enough to find anything special..until we walked through the door of Tokyo sushi. I had the sushi lunch special which came with miso soup, a salad, and my choice of two different rolls (I had a Boston Roll and a Philly Roll). My husband ordered a specialty sushi roll (Spicy Lobster Roll) and all of our food was excellent! The service was also great, the atmosphere tranquil, and the prices reasonable! I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to everyone I know!!!

• Visited October 2011