“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Richmond, United States
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel seemed well kept overall. The computer desk was broken and leaning to the left and even after I notified the front desk nothing was done about it. And the bed and sheets were far from comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I checked in later than I expected to and it was a breeze. The host at the desk had me ready to head up to my room in minutes. He asked if I need anything and I said no. I went to my suite on the 4th floor away from the elevator and opened the door and was pleasantly surprised by how well stocked the kitchen was. Pots and pans, dishes for 4 people. Dish towel and dish rags. The refrigerator was spotless and the ice maker was very useful. They even provided a can opener, spatula and slotted spoons. I bought paper towels but to my surprise, they already had them there. I unloaded my groceries and turned on the Flat screen tv in the living room. There's a couch and a chair. Very comfortable. When I got to the bedroom (which has privacy doors) I felt like I was home. There was another flat screen tv and desk along with the king sized bed. The bathroom was spotless and the vanity had a granite top. It was very comfortable. I was there by myself until my friend got off of work and did not worry about my safety for one second. I cooked a full meal for my friend and myself to enjoy and we truly enjoy the stay. There was not a DVD player but I took my laptop, hooked it up to the tv and went to the red box at the 7-11 right up the street and watched movies all weekend long. My friend enjoy the complementary breakfast from 7-10am. We didn't go to the pool. I will the next time. This hotel is located in a business park but everything is so close to it. We definitely enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff was very friendly including the housekeepers. We will stay again the next time I'm visiting my friend in VA.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Three adults and a 3 year old wanted a two bedroom suite near Short Pump. We stayed here it has a hotel feel, with a lounge/kitchenette and a bedroom off either side. Bedrooms had an en suite with bath/shower, one room was a queen bed and the other two doubles.

The room was equipped but without an oven, it had a hob microwave and fridge/freezer. They came and cleaned every day, but only the basics, would of preferred them hovering at least.

The location was great only 5 minutes from I94 and I295 and just off west broad street with the big shopping mall and numerous restaurants. We ate a couple of times at the Silver Diner just around the corner which I recommend 110%.

Breakfast was the standard breakfast you get, toast, waffles, a couple of hot choices etc. Unfortunately after a couple of days it became a bit boring :(

Overall I would stay again if the price was right, but would look around!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nassau, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel lived up to it's standard from the lobby to the suite. The staff was very professional and accommodating. The breakfast and the manager's reception was great and it made it possible to save on food. Everything you could think about from food, shopping to the largest Mall in Richmond was right around the corner. We were on a girls trip and it was a dream. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Very well equipped and comfortable suite, quiet, attentive staff. Breakfast OK, except the eggs were terrible. Breakfast room a bit small, very croweded. Good parking, convenient to restaurants (walkign distance).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Aurora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The evening reception and breakfast accommodations were superb. The location was near great dining and shopping and other entertainment. It was also extremely cost effective and convenient to my office location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

fairfax, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Overall I enjoyed my stay. the Lobby accommidated about 40 of my coworkers for a BBQ. The rooms were big, nice living space and very close to the location I needed in the area. Overall happy and will stay there next time I am in town (every 6 months or so)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond-West End? Share your experiences!