“Cleanest Econo Lodge” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Glade Spring
Birmginham
“Cleanest Econo Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

If you have to stay in "econo" style, then this place is for you. It was clean and the price was low. Bed was comfortable. So, if you're on a budget, chose this place. If you expect the Ritz, then stay at the Ritz. Breakfast could have been better stocked - had to make my own coffee.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dhaval P, Manager at Econo Lodge Glade Spring, responded to this review, October 11, 2014
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We will work on our breakfast menu and see what improvements we can do. Hope to see you soon in the near future.

Management
276.429.2233

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Barrie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed here August 2014 as part of our annual motorcycle trip to the US. We booked this hotel, bypassing Bristol and Abingdon as we wanted to be at the start of the Crooked Hwy # 58 in the morning and based on previous reviews. I will not give this hotel a bad review because it was not "bad". However, spending over 170 nights a year in hotels …. it could be better. Although it is in a convenient location right off the interstate, that's about where the convenience stops. Our room was around back on the top floor .. real pain carrying all our stuff up those stairs. Check-in was labourous … the girl at the front desk didn't seem to know what she was doing even though we had a reservation, on points, and she had all of my information right in front of her. Room was clean, bed comfortable and the WiFi worked well. Shower pressure was good. It's a fair walk down the hill from the hotel, across the busy hwy, and then uphill to any of the 3 restaurants (1 of them a truck stop) to go get anything to eat. I'm not saying we won't be back to this hotel because we might … but if I had a choice, I would likely stay somewhere else that is a little easier convenience wise after a long day on the bike.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dhaval P, Manager at Econo Lodge Glade Spring, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We are glad to know, the bed was comfortable for you and so was the shower and wi-fi. However, I am sorry for the inconvience you had during the check-in process and that your room was upstairs. We had a new employee the day you checked in and she was on a training mode. After having 3 complaints on her, she is no longer working here. And upon request we do provide downstairs rooms.
So please give us another chance and I assure you it will be a better stay for you.
Thanking You.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

First: We are both handicapped. We chose this motel because of the easy access to the room, and the couch and TV in the second room, and told the motel this upon making the reservation. They told us they could work with our handicap issues.
Arrival evening: EVERYTHING was unplugged. Could not even turn on a light until we plugged it in (in a pitch dark room). TV in second room was broke, we told them and they blamed it on cable company instead of fixing the issue. (The television itself was broken, nothing to do with cable company) and the TV in bed room did work but kept blanking out.
Day 1: Room service woke us up wanting to clean the room.
Day 2: Office called and asked us to move our car to the other side of the motel because they were having the parking lot sealed. (So much for easy access to our room and them working with our handicap issues.
Then when they did clean or room, they did not clean out the Jacuzzi.
The room itself was very nice and a great value. But the customer service left MUCH room for improvement.

• Stayed August 2014
Dhaval P, Manager at Econo Lodge Glade Spring, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
I would like to apologise you for not having a pleasant stay. But, yes the TV was not broken, it was the problem with the cable company,they were switching the boxes in each room so our guests can see the channels in HD and they were informed by me to fix the issue where some TV's were having problem and they were working on it. Just to help you out of the handicapped issue, we did let you go into our newly sealed parking lot, so you can park your car for easy access to the room, which you very well knew, we had blocked the half of the parking lot to dry that night.
And I am sorry on behalf of my housekeeping staff and I will have a meeting with them to make sure this issue doesn't arise again in the future.
Please give us another chance to serve you better.

Dhaval Patel
High Springs, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Motel is older but clean and well maintained. More channels on TV than I could ever watch and the remote worked. Computer in business center was a plus since I did not have a lap top. Staff very nice. I was not expecting as clean and nice a place for the price. Views of the mountains in the area were very pretty.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dhaval P, Manager at Econo Lodge Glade Spring, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We the entire staff of Econolodge, Glade Spring,Va would like to thank you so much for taking time to review us with such a positive response. Yes our rates are very competitive compared to other motels in this area. We work hard everyday to make sure the entire property is nice and clean including the parking lot, and receiving such a positive response from our guests like you makes us feel proud of what we do. Please stop by again if you are passing by here. Hope to see you soon.

Dhaval Patel
Manager
Indiana, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

It is an older style motel, with outside doors, we had a suite, the furniture was very dated and had a musty oder, beds were a bit too firm. It's an Econo Lodge, and is rather dated. It was rather clean, but nothing fancy. I would drive down the road a bit further If I was in the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dhaval P, Manager at Econo Lodge Glade Spring, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I would like to thankyou so much for taking the time to review on us. I am extremely sorry about the smell in the room and the bed being too firm. I will definitely look into this and see what I can do to make sure you get a better stay. Please give us another chance to serve you better.

Manager
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family and I had planned a last minute trip to the mountains Memorial Day weekend. Found this place close to the White Top Mountain area on our last night of traveling. Upon arrival, the front desk staff were great. He asked to make sure we had all our toiletries, offered opinions on area food and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was pleasant. We enjoyed a king room in the front on the second floor. It had a upper-deck balcony with a great view of the mountains as well as an old home on the neighboring property. It is an older building but it was clean and comfortable. The room had a microwave and mini-fridge. If I was ever passing through the area again, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dhaval P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Glade Spring, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, the balcony upstairs is a great place to relax and enjoy the view of the mountains. Getting such a positive response from our guests like you makes us feel proud of what we do.

I would like to thank you so much for your kind words and hope to see you soon in the near future.

Lancaster, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Just getting ready to leave and move on, clean well priced friendly staff quiet and a good night sleep would stay again. Got here before night fall so we were able to enjoy the view of the surrounding mountains. Neal & Ellen

Room Tip: stayed on the first floor room 119 great view of the mountains very quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!