“Excellent renovation after the tornado” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Glade Spring
Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent renovation after the tornado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My most recent stay was July 2013. My first stay was scheduled for July 2011. The tornado hit the motel in April before my visit. They called to tell me the motel was closed so I got another motel. I really appreciated that customer service so I returned in July 2012 and July 2013. The fully renovated motel is the nicest Econo Lodge for its age and price you will find. My room included a refrigerator and microwave, rare for a budget priced motel. Oh, this time I had to ask them to throw the circuit braker in the office for the AC. No big deal. I'll be back next trip.

Room Tip: Many tractor trailers going to the truck stop use the engine brake on the steep off ramp. If noise b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Foreign owned, but the sweet older lady they have working for them in the afternoons made for a warm welcome. Nothing special to report on this Motel, but nothing negative either. It was a clean place to spend one night. Got a bite to eat in the morning and we were on our way.

• Stayed May 2013
Cape Charles, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My boyfriend is a car hauler who travels the country delivering cars to dealerships and on Jan 5 at midnite we arrived at the Econo Lodge in Glade Spring Va. walked to the window and asked for a room. It was 26 degrees out and he had been working all day. There were only 6 cars in the parking lot of this 50 room hotel and the man told us they had no vacancy. When we went next door to the Super 8 and got a room. I called over to the Econo Lodge and was told rooms were available. This is just ridiculous. our money is just as good as anyone elses. And I really dont know how this foreign owned hotel can even stay in business. I will no longer stay at any Econolodge Hotels because of this incident.. I am utterly appauled.

Room Tip: Dont Stay Here.. Stay next door at the Super 8
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Can't say I had any bad experiences here. For an economy hotel, I was well pleased. The exterior of this hotel appeared well maintained. The grounds looked like they had recently been landscaped. Our room looked like it had just been remodeled, and had a mini-fridge, and microwave. The continental breakfast was as advertised, and sufficient. Nothing fancy, Bagels with cream cheese and jelly available, three kinds of mini-muffins, two kinds cereal (raisin bran and cheerios), apple juice, orange juice, milk and coffee. I could tell you about a place, where continental breakfast was pecan rolls (cut in half), and coffee. But that was another property down south, many years ago. Only negative, was that I had to leave my room key at the unattended desk instead of handing it to someone. But, I had already been given my receipt when I checked in, so not much of a negative in my book. Stayed, used WiFi, slept, showered, ate, and was on my way without any hassles or grief. Excellent value for what I paid!

Room Tip: If you can't do steps, be sure to request a ground floor room. Our room was on the back side of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Glade Spring, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Good luck finding an employee at this place. I stayed there a couple times and it usually took a long time to check in. Rooms are average and the internet was a hassle. Travel Inn next door is much better and the staff is much nicer and you can find them.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Glade Spring? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Glade Spring

Address: 33361 Lee Highway, Glade Spring, VA 24340
Location: United States > Virginia > Glade Spring
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Glade Spring
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Glade Spring 2*
Located just off ofI-81 Exit-29 ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Econo Lodge Glade Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Glade Spring Virginia

If you own or manage Econo Lodge Glade Spring, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.