“Best Fishing In The Region” 5 of 5 stars

276-236-5492
Website
Improve this listing
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Best Fishing In The Region”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Owner and founder of New River Trips, Richie Hughes, is a first class guide. If you want to catch fish, enjoy a scenic float on the New River, learn about the area, and have tons of fun, this experience is for you. Richie helped me perfect my fly fishing skills. We caught six different species of fish on my last trip. The smallmouth bass fishing is absolutely amazing! It's nonstop action when fishing on the New. Whether you live in the area or are passing through the region - this is a "must do activity" for any outdoor enthusiast.

Visited August 2012

“Lots of local knowledge, lots of patience and lots of fish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a great time with Richie on the New River. He put us on lots of fish and was a fabulous host. I look forward to fishing with him again.

“Great trip, great guide.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I've got to admit, I've never been much of a fresh water fisherman. Pretty much the only thing I've ever caught was a buzz. My father talked me into this trip, but Ive got to say, it was one of the best fishing trips. You can relax, check out the beautiful, peaceful scenery all while puttin fish in the box. Lol. Had such a great time, I was still casting when they were trailering the boat. Take a day trip down the new river. You'll love it!