“Down Home "Q"” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations
“Down Home "Q"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Open until 9 PM except on Sundays when it closes at 3 PM. Good BBQ meat (I've generally had the pulled pork). The sauces are good. Attentive service, fair atmosphere, but the sides are a bit hit or miss. I had the corn on the cob which was watery and lacked flavor. The slaw was quite good.

Will I go again- most certainly.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was not impressed with the flavor of the food. The service was excellent. Out of the 5 of us only 1 person in our party liked the food.

Visited July 2013
“We know BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It is not the Quilted Giraffe.....it is a BBQ eatery and is about as good as it gets.

Friendly service and huge portions.

A must

Visited July 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The sauce makes the dish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here on recommendation from a local. I can't say that I cared much for the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant. It is like a diner, generally. The service was good, however. Our waitress was attentive and the owner stopped by to ask how our food was. I had the rib tips with smoked mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Hubby had the smoked burger with barbecue beans and fried okra. I thought the best part of the meal was the sauce for the barbecue. I like a rich tangy sauce and I thought their's was excellent. They actually have four sauces which are all available on the table but I liked the one they cooked the tips in and then I added a bit of the molasses based sauce. The rib tips, however, I thought were a dry, even soaked in the sauce. So I am guessing the smoked the tips and reheated them with the sauce when ordered. I also enjoyed the unique smoked mashed potatoes. The corn on the cob was disappointing and the slice of bread was like a slice of white Wonder bread. I did try hubby's burger and the barbecue beans and they were both good. Overall it was good barbecue but I wouldn't rave about it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leesburg, VA
“Charming Casual Spot for BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Family friendly restaurant with yummy BBQ. Lots of local memorabilia on the walls. Helps make Galax worth visiting. Consider buying a bottle of sauce to take home.

• Visited July 2013