Close to Heaven, Away From It All--

arbpkb
Glen Allen, Virginia
“A Perfect Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This lovely, comfy cabin not only reflected the pictures in previous reviews, but surpassed them! Fernwood was cozy, lovingly decorated (including fresh flowers), and super, super clean! The view from the back porch was beautiful, and my husband and I, along with another couple (old friends) sat, rocked, sipped coffee, and listened to the sounds of nature. The kitchen appliances were great, the bathrooms more than adequate, and the furniture very comfortable. We took a day and traveled to Mt. Airy, NC (about 40 minutes away), where we toured the area and home town of Andy Griffith. We even rode around in "Sheriff Andy's" squad car! Judy was very helpful in recommending things to do in the area, and we so appreciated the loaf of bread she gave us. It was yummy! It was a glorious three days, and we hope that we can return!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The cabin and view.
Liked least: Not having cell phone reception.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jul 12, 2014
I am so happy that you enjoyed the cabin and hope you will visit again soon. thanks for all the kind words. Judy
beckyfost...
Roxboro, North Carolina
“Mother Daughter get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Me and My daughter needed a get away to just have fun .This place was very warm and charming .We spent 2 days here laughing and having fun and getting to know each other again since she is a mother of 3 now herself .Its been long time since we had time to just goofing around and acting like kids ourselves .Love this place so quite and peaceful . We enjoyed looking at Gods creations all around us No smogged or lights from the city .Just looking at the sky at night was so beautiful ,to get back in touch with nature. Would recommend this place to friends for sure and also next time we need a get away this is the place I would like to go to again for sure .Judy was very friendly ,and made us feel welcome .

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peacefulness
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jul 3, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed the cabin. It is nice sometimes to get away from all the distractions of everyday life and engage with a person. Hope you will return. Best wishes to you and your family. Judy
Mcordero0...
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Greatly enjoyed our stay in this super clean and cozy cabin! What a great attention to detail! So many fluffy towels and so much extra bedding....
Did I mention how clean it was???
Love that appliances were modern and updated. Dishwasher was athe plus.

My 7 yr. old and I really enjoyed spending time together playing checkers. We all enjoyed watching family movies.. all things we don't have as much time to do too often back at home during our busy city life.

It was nice and convenient to be close to Walmart, Macados, and the Blue Ridge Parkway, while still coming back to this quiet secluded getaway.

I will recommend it to all my friends who are interested in a quiet, relaxing, "away from it" all mountain vacation.

Would've stayed longer if we hadn't been chasing snow! ;)
We're from Miami (hint hint)!!

If I had to make any suggestion at all, I'd say a small washer/dryer would really come in handy. :)
Hope to visit again soon!

BBgard
Camp Hill
“Wonderful cabin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

This is a great place to stay. The cabin was everything as advertised and perfect for our purposes. The loft was spacious and the bedroom was plenty big. We did take a day to drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway, and enjoy the beauty around us. We will be back in the future and give thanks to Judy and Richard for such a wonderful place for people to stay.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks so much for the review. I hope you and your family will return soon. Regards, Judy
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 for a stay in August 2013
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Rugged travelers
Aug 10, 2013
Thanks for the great review. The weather here now is quiet lovely. I hope you and your family will return again soon. Regards, Judy
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 for a stay in July 2013
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Aug 8, 2013
Dear Linda, I am so glad you and your family enjoyed the cabin and hope you will return to the mountains again soon. Judy
H.L.West
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Apr 18, 2013
Thanks for the review. Verizon has promised a cell tower in that area for three years. We still await the construction of it. Sorry about the phone signal.

I am glad you liked the cabin and hope you will return. Judy
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$120
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
judy a
Speaks English
Listed since : Mar 2010
Response Rate: 60 %
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 4 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing