“Older motel....” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   303 North Main Street, Galax, VA 24333 (Formerly Galax Super 8 Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Galax
VENICE
“Older motel....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is an older motel that needs some TLC in the maintenance area but the hotel staff was very accommodating and moved us to a room that had newer carpet and bedding. Because the price is very reasonable this is the place we stay every year during our visit to the Galax area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Granite Falls, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel was very clean and it was a pleasure to stay here. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfy. Price was much cheaper than off I-77 at Hillsville and was only a 10 mile drive away from interstate. Just need to be updated outside
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We recently made a road trip to Mt Airy (Mayberry) NC but decided to stay at the Rodeway Inn in Galax Va 27 miles awy so we cold afoord to stay 3 night and 4 days! Made in to hotel at 1:30 pm Saturday afternoon and checked in early and rested and unloaded car but the had to take ca back around front of hotel. No parking in back where our room was.? Almost fell off high curbs and sidewalks needs painted and repaired!!! But once inside room was clean and big n nice.Only complaint is no coffeepot in room and exhaust fan drove me crazy when you turned on bathroom light??? Needs cleaned or repaired! They did honor my request for a mini frig and microwave! Thanks management! They family was very nice and friendly! Did not do their breakfast bar just coffee fo rmy husband first thing every morn. We had bkft at a Brindle Truck Stop on way Sunday to Mt Airy and in Hillsville at a Shoney's Restaurant on Monday and yesterday before we lft twn had a bkfst biscuit and coffee at Hardee's waiting for heavy fog to lift so we could get on the road! Overal a nice stay at the Rodeway Inn in Galax! Thanks to the management and the housekeeping woman! She was a big help!!!!

Room Tip: take your own coffee pot and clock radio and extra towels and washcloths! And maybe alight bulb????
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
South Boston, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We booked online and were unable to contact anyone to try to cancel our reservations when we saw the horrible conditions. The bathrooms were filthy and moldy. We felt dirtier after bathing. One room had police tape and what looked like blood on the ceiling. The manager would only supply one little bottle of shampoo per room and wouldn't supply towels for the number of guests, so two of us had to share towels. The mattress's were old and had springs poking through, so we were very uncomfortable and didn't get much sleep. The noise level was pretty intolerable with sirens going off. The police station is next door.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Amherst, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at the Rodeway in Galax Virginia as it was close to Rex Theater. The gentleman who ran the place gave us a good room easy to walk to from the car. Room was clean, bed was GREAT! The room had a microwave, a fridge and a good TV! Room was comfortable and the water is HOT! I will tell you what impressed me the most...the respectful way the desk clerk treated me!
When I left on Saturday morning, I was about to walk out the door in the office when he stopped me, stuck out his hand and thanked me for staying.. I WILL stay there again, Lord willing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Smithfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night while we were in the area. We were not getting in town until late and only needed a place to sleep. It was clean, which was my top priority. The manager was very nice. The breakfast was cereal, bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. Although it wasn't a full breakfast, it worked well for us.

• Stayed September 2012
Mc Caysville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I needed a place for my family and I to sleep before we headed home from Pennsylvania and saw this on the Choice Hotels website. It wasn't until we were on the way that I found out it was out of the way for us. I will say that while the area is nice and the manager was helpful, it was not the best choice. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but a bit stiff. The internet worked amazingly though and my boyfriend was even able to play Diablo III while we were there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!