“The Bates Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   303 North Main Street, Galax, VA 24333 (Formerly Galax Super 8 Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Galax
South Boston, Virginia, United States
“The Bates Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We booked online and were unable to contact anyone to try to cancel our reservations when we saw the horrible conditions. The bathrooms were filthy and moldy. We felt dirtier after bathing. One room had police tape and what looked like blood on the ceiling. The manager would only supply one little bottle of shampoo per room and wouldn't supply towels for the number of guests, so two of us had to share towels. The mattress's were old and had springs poking through, so we were very uncomfortable and didn't get much sleep. The noise level was pretty intolerable with sirens going off. The police station is next door.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Amherst, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed at the Rodeway in Galax Virginia as it was close to Rex Theater. The gentleman who ran the place gave us a good room easy to walk to from the car. Room was clean, bed was GREAT! The room had a microwave, a fridge and a good TV! Room was comfortable and the water is HOT! I will tell you what impressed me the most...the respectful way the desk clerk treated me!
When I left on Saturday morning, I was about to walk out the door in the office when he stopped me, stuck out his hand and thanked me for staying.. I WILL stay there again, Lord willing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Smithfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for one night while we were in the area. We were not getting in town until late and only needed a place to sleep. It was clean, which was my top priority. The manager was very nice. The breakfast was cereal, bagels, muffins, juice and coffee. Although it wasn't a full breakfast, it worked well for us.

• Stayed September 2012
Mc Caysville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I needed a place for my family and I to sleep before we headed home from Pennsylvania and saw this on the Choice Hotels website. It wasn't until we were on the way that I found out it was out of the way for us. I will say that while the area is nice and the manager was helpful, it was not the best choice. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but a bit stiff. The internet worked amazingly though and my boyfriend was even able to play Diablo III while we were there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend to enjoy New River State Park. Motel is very clean and quiet; owners are very helpful, and the internet worked perfectly, The bike trail is about 3 minutes away (by bike.) You can leave the car and walk into town for dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
STATESVILLE,NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed here every year when i visited my dad.I noticed remodelation of room. WE ENJOYED OUR STAYED . GREAT INTERNET CONNECTION NO PROBLEM AT ALL

Room Tip: Yes No parking on bakside but backside is very quiter and ROOM LOOKS CLEAN AND GREAT WITH NEW CARPET...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Southbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were on a driving tour during christmas, and I had to stop for the night. From my GPS I got the info for this motel, and I called in. As the price was good, I drove to the hotel with my travel mates. The motel itself is not too great, with regular amenities,but the hotel manager, Brijesh Patel was really helpful. He checked me in and later called in to check whether everything was OK and when finding the wireless not working, he offerred to come upstairs to help. When still not working he offerred to hardwire my computer. Although I didn't take advantage of this, I felt quite happy. Thank you Mr. Patel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!