“Very good value, clean motel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Galax

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Galax to your Saves list
Knights Inn Galax
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   312 W. Stuart Street, I-77 and Highway 58 - West, Galax, VA 24333   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Galax
Soke-on-Trent
“Very good value, clean motel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Booked in advance to get the discount. Very quick check-in. Very nice room, clean and well-prepared.Wi-fi worked fine. There are a couple of nice diners within a few minutes driving distance. Gets my vote and would stay here again if the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here November 2012. I booked it online, so I didnt realize how far it actually was from 77. After a 30 minute drive and almost getting lost at night, I found the hotel. I was very suprised how nice it was for only being $32. It was quiet and very clean. I had just a single double bed, which was perfect. The bed was comfortable and the Wifi actually worked. Overall, I would definately stay again if I was passing through.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bob24333, Manager at Knights Inn Galax, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thanks for posting your review! We offer clean & friendly service at a good value. We are located in the downtown historic area. I hope you had a chance to enjoy the local restaurants
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Passing through for the evening we found the Knights Inn. Price was extremely cheap, to my surprise the room was clean and very quite. The bathroom was a little outdated (pink tile, pink tub, pink sink) but was clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for posting your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

hotel was nice and clean. Had a great customer service, everyone was so friendly.Hotel was fantastic and our room was very clean. Will defiantly stay here again. and also recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Grant
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were 3 adults & 2 children under 10, and we stayed in 2 rooms at this unassuming older property at the West end of Galax. Check in was efficient & friendly; the 2 rooms were very clean & large, bathrooms renovated within the past 2-3 yrs., and the beds were comfortable. We did not experience any of the horror stories normally associated with Mom & Pop operations such as this. There are numerous restaurants within a 5 minute drive; a WALMART about 10 minutes away, and an Oriental buffet within walking distance. We opted for food from the WALMART, which we heated up in the microwave, and kept the leftovers for the car in the small fridge (both lifesavers!). No coffee service, except for the morning Continental breakfast, consisting of juice, toast, coffee & donuts. Enough to hit the road with until lunchtime. We were pleased with the price, as well as with the lack of noise, since the motel is located about 10 miles West of the main N/S Highway. All contact with front desk & other employees (all family?) was pleasant. We would stay there again. Driving tip: DO NOT try to take a shrtcut back to the main Hwy if traveling south!!! - Unless you want to experience a 30 minute drive through some very narrow, winding roads? in the mountains. Just head back the same way you came into town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family and I planned a small trip to galax this fall. As we entered galax we saw the knights inn looking like Hollywood! It was fantastic...... Until we entered the room! It was a disaster! The floors had crumbs and fecies all over it. The bed was cigerette paradise! The tv was mot bolted down and would of fell on my Uncle James but it wouldnt of hurt any way. It was too tiny. The breakfast was doughy nuts and a carton of milk? What is that? Come on they filled in the pool and my son tried to jump in and almost busted his head!!! Ohh and dont use the bathroom! Ours didnt flush so we had to stay in our own filth for 2 days! Overall it sucked and i would reccommend nobdy to go there unless you like sitting in filth. Stuller Simpson july,5 1955. RIP Sam.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

This place was everything I needed. No frills but a cheap clean place to sleep!

No there wasn't a coffeemaker or blow dryer, but there was a refrigerator and microwave which are actually more useful!

Continental breakfast was laughable with cereal and a bag of Hostess donuts but for $37 a night I didn't expect a full course meal.

Don't expect to be pampered. This is a clean room for a great price and that is it, but isn't that really what you need? I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bob24333, Manager at Knights Inn Galax, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thanks for your review! We are working to provide great service & clean rooms. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area

Been to Knights Inn Galax? Share your experiences!