“Horrible service!!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Galax to your Saves list
Knights Inn Galax
Knights Inn Galax
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   312 W. Stuart Street, I-77 and Highway 58 - West, Galax, VA 24333   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Galax
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Horrible service!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family and I planned a small trip to galax this fall. As we entered galax we saw the knights inn looking like Hollywood! It was fantastic...... Until we entered the room! It was a disaster! The floors had crumbs and fecies all over it. The bed was cigerette paradise! The tv was mot bolted down and would of fell on my Uncle James but it wouldnt of hurt any way. It was too tiny. The breakfast was doughy nuts and a carton of milk? What is that? Come on they filled in the pool and my son tried to jump in and almost busted his head!!! Ohh and dont use the bathroom! Ours didnt flush so we had to stay in our own filth for 2 days! Overall it sucked and i would reccommend nobdy to go there unless you like sitting in filth. Stuller Simpson july,5 1955. RIP Sam.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

This place was everything I needed. No frills but a cheap clean place to sleep!

No there wasn't a coffeemaker or blow dryer, but there was a refrigerator and microwave which are actually more useful!

Continental breakfast was laughable with cereal and a bag of Hostess donuts but for $37 a night I didn't expect a full course meal.

Don't expect to be pampered. This is a clean room for a great price and that is it, but isn't that really what you need? I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bob24333, Manager at Knights Inn Galax, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thanks for your review! We are working to provide great service & clean rooms. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area
Rochester, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We found this motel on the Internet with a terrific write up and a "pay now" price of $33 a night. Since we were driving to FL and just needed a place to sleep this sounded perfect. The address on the web was in Hillsville, VA. We knew from past experience that all the major chain hotels at the interstate exit are more tha double that price. First problem: the GPS took us to the address in Hillsville...no hotel. After stopping to ask about the location at another hotel and calling the Knights Inn we were told it is in Galax, 13 miles back. The room was clean and adequate, had micro and fridge, small bed. When we went for the breakfast the next morning it was a joke...2 boxes of cereal and a bag of small donuts. We went to McD's. Won't stop here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Staunton, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I really appreciate this hotel. It's the second time that I've stayed there, & both times it has been clean and comfortable for a wonderfully-low price. Now, I've stayed in quite a few low-cost hotels that have been absolute dumps--this Knights Inn is NOT like that at all. Everything was clean, from the sheets to the bathroom to the 'fridge. The bed was comfy. The heat worked and could be adjusted. The TV was new & had a broad range of channels. In other words, this hotel has all the bases covered. It is in no way a fancy hotel -- it's an older building and parts of it look a little run down, but the rooms themselves are great. If you want mini-shampoo bottles and a substantial continental breakfast and brand-new everything, be prepared to pay *a lot* more & to stay 20 minutes away from Galax out by the interstate. For the price, this hotel is terrific. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bob24333, Manager at Knights Inn Galax, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review! We are working every day to make sure you enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area
Morehead City, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed overnight in this hotel during a car trip we took down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The hotel overlooks the tiny town below. Our GPS took us into the middle of nowhere. I called the hotel at 12:00 am and the night clerk gave me directions turn by turn. Check in was smooth. Parking is convenient.

The beds were comfortable and the room was large and dated. The price is awesome. The room has a mini fridge and microwave. The staff is very friendly.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who loves a bargain and doesn’t have to have all of the frills. It appears to be a family owned and operated business. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Mims, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The hotel clerk asked for my drivers license and then scanned it into the computer with no reason offered for why he needed it. I had reserved a room with a King bed but was given a double and told that my reservation through Expedia could not be honored as they were overbooked, even thought I booked through the Knights Inn website. Beyond all of that, the room was clean but very dated. The beds are very hard. Although the hotel accepts pets, there is no place to walk your dog other than a 3 foot strip of grass off the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I wanted to write a review for this hotel because I was very surprised with what I got when I went there. The rooms were large and very clean. The bathroom fixtures sparkled like new. The mattress was soft and comfy, and the linens were bright white and clean. There was free high-speed internet and I know in some of the big hotels you have to pay a fee for it. The front desk manager was courteous and assisted in finding me good food for dinner. To get this type of service and room for the price I paid is amazing. I was just passing through the on my way to a conference and ended up finding a hidden gem.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Galax? Share your experiences!