“We won't be back!” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Galax to your Saves list
Knights Inn Galax
Knights Inn Galax
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   312 W. Stuart Street, I-77 and Highway 58 - West, Galax, VA 24333   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Galax
Mims, Florida
“We won't be back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

The hotel clerk asked for my drivers license and then scanned it into the computer with no reason offered for why he needed it. I had reserved a room with a King bed but was given a double and told that my reservation through Expedia could not be honored as they were overbooked, even thought I booked through the Knights Inn website. Beyond all of that, the room was clean but very dated. The beds are very hard. Although the hotel accepts pets, there is no place to walk your dog other than a 3 foot strip of grass off the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I wanted to write a review for this hotel because I was very surprised with what I got when I went there. The rooms were large and very clean. The bathroom fixtures sparkled like new. The mattress was soft and comfy, and the linens were bright white and clean. There was free high-speed internet and I know in some of the big hotels you have to pay a fee for it. The front desk manager was courteous and assisted in finding me good food for dinner. To get this type of service and room for the price I paid is amazing. I was just passing through the on my way to a conference and ended up finding a hidden gem.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

The Knights Inn is a great place to stay while traveling. We were driving through the area and thought we could make it further without stopping, but decided to get off at the exit. The hotel is away from the interstate enough that there is peace and quiet, but close enough that you can get right back on in the morning. The rooms were very big and the linens and mattresses were comfy. There was a nice sitting area outside to relax at and a big walkway leading to the individual rooms. The rooms very clean, even the smoking room didn't smell like smoke. In the morning, there was a big continental breakfast in the lobby with hot coffee, pastries, cereal, etc. The staff was also very nice and helpful. As I walked up to the desk, I was greeted with a smile and a great attitude. The rates were low compared to places we've stayed before so that was nice for my wallet. All in all, we had a great experience.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Shelby, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

My fiance and I wanted to have a little get away for the night. The room was very clean, large and even though an older Inn, it was up to date and the staff were very nice and helpful. This little place is tucked away from the sound of traffic and loud noise, it was extremely peaceful and restful which is what we were looking for. The bed was extremely comfortable and we rested well. We would recommend this Inn to anyone. The little continental breakfast was not a large amt, however it was enough to start the day with donuts and coffee. For the price this was a nice place to stay and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010 via mobile

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night just wishing I could go back to this place one more time. My experiene started with a friendly welcome from the local kkk. They were just standing at the drive way waving at new guests. The room was amazing for the price. Next we went to the pool. Let me just say two words about it. MEGA AWESOME!!!!!! Breakfast was wonderful as well which included overly doughy nuts and a beautiful gallon of milk. Overall very nice facilities with amazing location. Yours truly. Davey cricket. 1876. Actualy this hotel sucks epicaly old llama lard. Don't stay here. Please

• Stayed September 2010
west virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

We used our points on the choice privileges points program and they were wasted. We arrived at 2:oo am and we had to beat on the door to get the owner/attendent to wake up, took about 17 minutes. We had reservations and was worried we wouldnt get in. He finally got to the window and he was not presentable. He was rude and there was a child crying in the background. This is a split level hotel. You had to drive to the upper level. Our room was paid with points and it was way up in the upper level way in the back far from the office and breakfast and coffee, walk a football field distance to get there. Another party with us paid cash and they got a room next to the breakfast and pool which didnt work. They advertise a pool and your charged for access to use it, but it was just a dirty hole in the ground with no water. The complimentary breakfast was a jug of 2% milk and a bag of powdered donuts. And that baby was still crying! The room was damp and moldy, the AC stunk real bad when we turned it on and was so loud. Didnt really cool the room down at all. There was 2 sinks in the bedroom part that were clogged and stunk bad. The carpet was disgusting and smelled bad and felt dirty. The was 5 of us and they only gave us 2 towels and wash clothes. No soap or tissues or toilet paper. The toilet didnt flush so you had to do 2 times. There was no hot water at all. The bedspread was pulled up looking made up when in fact the sheets underneath were bunched up and we noticed alot of human hair in the sheets. There was no clocks and cobb webs everywhere. We asked for a wake up call and never got it. I would not advise using this hotel with cash or points. I am sure the roaches had a feast on my luggage. I am sorry I stayed there. I wont stay at a knight inn ever again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Winston Salem, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I wanted a few days away from home to de-stress. Upon arriving, I found the room I had booked did not have as good a view of the mountains as the more expensive room. The staff were very nice in giving me a better room for the same price. My room was very large, and clean. I always travel with my own supplies, I don't know why anyone wouldn't, so I don't miss shampoos and lotions. The fridge and microwave were clean and very useful. There were chairs provided outside each room to sit in and take in the view. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Knights Inn Galax? Share your experiences!