“Overnight stay for business” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gainesville
Bedford, Virginia
“Overnight stay for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great location right off 29N and about an hour's drive into the DC area. The room and service was very good, breakfast was good and hot, and late check out was nice. wireless internet worked great and we liked the sofa in the room. Lots of places to eat and shop in walking distance. Only draw back is the train noise if you are a light sleeper. See tips!

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from the train tracks if you are a light sleeper. Know it is bad when ear plugs...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gainesville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Hampton Inn is a great value for your money. The hotel was clean, the staff is friendly, the rooms/bathrooms are very clean. The complimentary breakfast is a great! The only complaint I have is the train woke me up throughout the night but I am a very light sleeper. The person I was traveling with slept right through the train.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton for 3 nights. We were in town for a wedding and had 3 rooms. Everything was terrific and we especially appreciated the freshly baked cookies at night. A train passed by occasionally nearby but that did not bother us. We definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Fenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

From the second I walked into the hotel I felt welcomed. The staff was all friendly, the rooms smelled fresh and clean when you walked in. The beds were beyond comfortable. The maids did an excellent job. The free coffee was great. It is walking distance to so many stores/restaurants/bars. I rarely had to drive anywhere and when I did, the staff provided a number for a taxi cab. I had no problems here and would definelty stay here again. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Huntsville, AL, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I would rate this hotel very good to excellent except for one reason. If you need internet, can't recommend the hotel. It just didn't work. Stayed 4 nights. Internet connectivity, both wired and wireless, was just about non-existent. Major inconvenience for a business traveler! Train runs behind hotel, at all hours of day and night. Ask for room away from train side or use the ear plugs the hotel provides in each room - really helps with the noise, although not as much of a problem as you'd expect inside. Multiple local and a few chain restaurants and shops, including Target, within short walking distance (5 mins max to dozens of places). Quick on/off I-66 into DC. Hot food at breakfast was cooked well and a bit upscale from the usual chain hotel breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

gainesville-va, Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn- Gainesville. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to provide excellent accommodations and great service.

I do apologize that you were having issues with the internet during your stay. We have the standard band with for a Hampton of our size. We were very busy most of the days you were here, and we have noticed when we are full, and many people are logged on at the same time, it can be slower than usual. I will make our internet provider for guests aware of the slowness, and see if there is anything else we can do to improve this. We do appreciate you making us aware, as this is best way for us to know there was a problem, and work on finding a solution.

We thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel, the staff, the appearance was all that a Hampton should be. However, there is a train that runs overhead or near overhead that shook my room. I wish I would have been told of this before check in and I would have chosen a different Hampton. If you want quiet, choose a different location. Other than that, it was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

gainesville-va, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. However, I know that a good restful night sleep is very important for travelers as well and so I would like to extend our my sincere apologize for the inconvenience of the trains that passed by. Although the hotel was built with thicker glass and extra insulation along with the added ear plugs in every guest room, we know it may not drown out all the noise. As you can see during your stay, VDOT is working diligently to complete this overpass in the next few years, which I hope will alleviate the train whistle as they pass on through Gainesville.

We are looking forward to the completion of the construction and hope that any guests we may have lost due to this,will give us another opportunity to try us out again.
We appreciate the feedback and again thank you for staying.
Sierra Vista, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travel and work out of my home office in Manassas about 4 times a year and I choose the Hampton Inn in Gainesville everytime. Easy commute, great staff, clean rooms. I love it! There is a train that drives by, but it's no big deal. :) I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket? Share your experiences!