“Immaculate room, extra cozy bed, no major complaints.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gainesville
Happy Creek, VA
“Immaculate room, extra cozy bed, no major complaints.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We only stayed one evening and arrived to find a spacious, well appointed room. Everything worked as intended and everything was spotless clean. The bed was simply fabulous and it was made even better by the fact that there were no dogs or cats trying to share it with us. We were forewarned about the train and there were ear plugs in the room so it wasn't a big deal. I'm an early riser so when 2 trains went through at 5-5:30AM it didn't bother me a bit. YES they have to blow their horns since they are intersecting with the roads so get over it, there could be more invasive noises to deal with like gunfire in the parking lot at a Danville VA motel I stayed at years ago.
Breakfast area was clean, food was mediocre to average but on par with the typical American continental breakfast. Eggs and cheese were definitely from powder, sausage links were probably frozen, but they do have self serve waffle makers on hand. It's always amusing to sit and read the paper and watch some people struggle to make a waffle.
Overall the room was a bit pricey but I would recommend it and stay there again due to the overall cleanliness of the facility, and the comfy bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

This Hampton is fairly new so rooms are in great shape. It's just an exit off I 66 and near a panera, target, Starbucks etc. there is construction of a new ramp that is being put up and could get noisy during daytime, however when we stayed it did not disturb us. I was not super happy that being a diamond member I was not upgraded in a room however I do know that it is first come first serve. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

In a great location surrounded by shops. Building seems modern and is easily accessable from the motorways. Everything good, didn't have time for the breakfast. Walk to a wide range of shops and a pub/restaurant just up the stree. Recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and even worked night audit at a Holiday Inn Express but I've NEVER seen housekeeping quite as good as this! I put a do not disturb sign on my door the first two days. (because I've never trusted housekeeping anywhere)

On the third day I opted to take my chances to get clean sheets and the bed made. To my surprise, I returned to the hotel to find that not only had my sheets been changed and the bed made, but the duvet was changed!

I had left the room in a hurry each morning and had crashed in the bed each night before, so I had no time to put my dirty clothes away and arrange things in the room.

I was also surprised (and delighted!) to find that EVERYTHING (including a laptop, iPad, and other assorted electonics) was still in the room and neatly arranged!

My dirty clothes were picked up and placed neatly on top of my suitcase. My toiletries were placed neatly on a washcloth on the counter, my chargers and electronics were on the desk, and my medical supplies (I'm diabetic and use syringes) were on the dresser, and my pocket change was on the nightstand even though I'm pretty sure I accidentally dumped it on the floor the night before!

I don't know how to explain it other than FIRST CLASS SERVICE! The following days were no different, either! My only complaint (not a problem at all, more of a preference than anything else) was that the coffee maker only makes a single cup at a time, but 24-hour coffee service in the lobby made it ok. Definitely will return and highly recommend this hotel! THANK YOU HOUSEKEEPING for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2012
Edinboro, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very nice hotel with white linens and duvet covers, very clean and breakfast was included. On the downside, the traffic on the main road was unbelievable - it took us nearly 40 minutes to travel 3 miles from the restaurant where we had dinner. Also, as another reviewer mentioned, the train tracks are way too close - the trains would come through, blowing their horns at all hours. The included breakfast was marginal - the scrambled eggs weren't the best we've ever eaten - on the "tough" side.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not so bad. We stayed there before Jimmy Buffett concert. It is a bit of a walk to the Jiffy Lube Live Pavilion. It is about two miles or so. You must be in decent shape to walk it. Roads are busy and a bit trecherous. It is not really that bad though. Sidewalks most of the way. It sure beats sitting in traffic coming from the concert. The room was nice. The free breakfast sucked but it usually does, it is free!!! LOL. Anyhow, overall a nice trip. I plan on staying again next year. The walk to the pavilion did not deter me. One cigar and a red solo cup full of landshark and I was there. No worries! I hope this review helps!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I arrived after dark and waited nearly 15 minutes at the front desk for a clerk to show up. She finally showed up, looking like she just woke up from a nap or something! It was only 9PM on a Sunday night. If I hadn't had a reservation I would have gone elsewhere.

Room was clean, comfortable and quiet until the train woke me up!
Of course they don't mention the busy train tracks less than 100 feet from the hotel on their website or even when I checked in. Who builds a new hotel next to a railroad track??

Room Tip: Stay here only if train noise doesn't bother you!