“Amazing housekeeping!” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Gainesville
“Amazing housekeeping!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and even worked night audit at a Holiday Inn Express but I've NEVER seen housekeeping quite as good as this! I put a do not disturb sign on my door the first two days. (because I've never trusted housekeeping anywhere)

On the third day I opted to take my chances to get clean sheets and the bed made. To my surprise, I returned to the hotel to find that not only had my sheets been changed and the bed made, but the duvet was changed!

I had left the room in a hurry each morning and had crashed in the bed each night before, so I had no time to put my dirty clothes away and arrange things in the room.

I was also surprised (and delighted!) to find that EVERYTHING (including a laptop, iPad, and other assorted electonics) was still in the room and neatly arranged!

My dirty clothes were picked up and placed neatly on top of my suitcase. My toiletries were placed neatly on a washcloth on the counter, my chargers and electronics were on the desk, and my medical supplies (I'm diabetic and use syringes) were on the dresser, and my pocket change was on the nightstand even though I'm pretty sure I accidentally dumped it on the floor the night before!

I don't know how to explain it other than FIRST CLASS SERVICE! The following days were no different, either! My only complaint (not a problem at all, more of a preference than anything else) was that the coffee maker only makes a single cup at a time, but 24-hour coffee service in the lobby made it ok. Definitely will return and highly recommend this hotel! THANK YOU HOUSEKEEPING for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2012

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edinboro, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Very nice hotel with white linens and duvet covers, very clean and breakfast was included. On the downside, the traffic on the main road was unbelievable - it took us nearly 40 minutes to travel 3 miles from the restaurant where we had dinner. Also, as another reviewer mentioned, the train tracks are way too close - the trains would come through, blowing their horns at all hours. The included breakfast was marginal - the scrambled eggs weren't the best we've ever eaten - on the "tough" side.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not so bad. We stayed there before Jimmy Buffett concert. It is a bit of a walk to the Jiffy Lube Live Pavilion. It is about two miles or so. You must be in decent shape to walk it. Roads are busy and a bit trecherous. It is not really that bad though. Sidewalks most of the way. It sure beats sitting in traffic coming from the concert. The room was nice. The free breakfast sucked but it usually does, it is free!!! LOL. Anyhow, overall a nice trip. I plan on staying again next year. The walk to the pavilion did not deter me. One cigar and a red solo cup full of landshark and I was there. No worries! I hope this review helps!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I arrived after dark and waited nearly 15 minutes at the front desk for a clerk to show up. She finally showed up, looking like she just woke up from a nap or something! It was only 9PM on a Sunday night. If I hadn't had a reservation I would have gone elsewhere.

Room was clean, comfortable and quiet until the train woke me up!
Of course they don't mention the busy train tracks less than 100 feet from the hotel on their website or even when I checked in. Who builds a new hotel next to a railroad track??

Room Tip: Stay here only if train noise doesn't bother you!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wow! The staff at this Hampton make this ordinary Hampton property something special. We had a huge storm recently and the property was full to capacity with displaced local homeowners. The front desk staff, particularly Azeem and the general manager Barbara, went above and beyond to make things work and extend that extra level of hospitality to the guests. They are a credit to the facility.

The hotel is located right in the middle of Atlas Walk which is the de facto "downtown" for Gainesville and the location of many restaurants and retail outlets. Very convenient to be able to walk to dinner, go shopping, stop at Starbucks or the family owned wine shop within a few hundred yards of the property. There are gas stations and several larger stores, including Target, Giant Grocery, and more.

There is plenty of parking right outside and free of charge. While there are train tracks and a construction zone near the hotel, I was never disturbed at all by noise or activity.

I can't say enough about the 'can do' attitude of the staff and outstanding customer service you can expect at the Hampton Gainesville-Haymarket.

Room Tip: ask for room away from the train tracks and construction zone
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Nice hotel with friendly service and a great breakfast! My only complaint was the trains that run nearby. They are very loud. The complimentary breakfast was delicious complete with Belgian waffles, oatmeal, and many other choices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend as we were going to a concert at Nissan Pavilion (now Jiffy Lube Live). This hotel is in a great location - close to many restaurants, Target, Lowes, and only a mile away from Nissan Pavilion. It is clean and has a nice helpful staff. The rooms are standard Hampton Inn type rooms - clean and well furnished.

Many reviewers complained about the train so planning ahead, I brought a fan that made a good amount of noise. Because of this, neither my husband or I woke up when the train passed by. We could even see the tracks from our window and we were not disturbed while we were sleeping and I am a SUPER light sleeper. I would suggest to anyone going to this hotel to bring a fan as it really helped us. We did hear the train go by during the day but it wasn't obscenely loud or anything.

One complaint we did have is that we could hear doors slamming out in the hallway all morning long. It was loud and obnoxious. One of the reasons for this was that when the maid was cleaning, she would prop the door open with the metal lock thing and the door would slam on that instead of closing. We were more disturbed by the noise in the hallway than by the train!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville-Haymarket? Share your experiences!