“Good, solid BBQ joint!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 72 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good, solid BBQ joint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stopped in here recently for a late dinner and we thought it was very good. It has a Pei Wei type set up, order at the front take a number and they bring it to your table. We tried to get a little bit of variety to see what we liked the most. I think the pulled pork nachos and the ribs were definitely the stars. The meat was most, flavorful and delicious. We also tried the brisket, which my husband liked but I wasn’t a particular fan – but that could be the vinegar base sauce, which is not my personal preference. The sides are generous – watch out when ordering mac ‘n cheese since it is almost another entrée. Potato salad and coleslaw are quite good – the latter not being super sugary, bonus in my book! There is a bar in the back and TVs so it would be easy to pop in and grab a bite if you are on your own or with friends. Pricing is no more, no less than anywhere else. For comparison sake, we went to Famous Dave’s last month (just opened a couple of miles up the road) and we thought it was terrible. Dry dry dry! And the sides were meh. We would definitely pick Bad to the Bone over Famous Dave’s any day.

• Visited January 2013

Haymarket, Virginia
“Great barbecue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Wonderful and authentic barbecue, especially the Carolin pulled pork. The sides are generous, especiallynthe mac and cheese. This place is far superior fo Famous Dave's, just a few miles up Rt 29.

• Visited October 2012
Amissville
“The moist and flavorful chicken was delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We dined here after church on a Sunday. We waited in line for about 15 minutes to make our order, but we thought our meals were worth the wait!

My Santa Fe Salad with Chicken was really good. It had cilantro, tomatoes, lime dressing, onions, corn, and lots of fresh greens. The perfectly cooked chicken was moist and had a delicious flavor!

We both loved the sweet potato fries served with a good honey mustard sauce.

The pulled Carolina pork sandwich was good, too, but it would be even better if the cole slaw was drained before putting it on the roll. My husband enjoyed his
potato salad and said it was tasty.

The prices aren't cheap, but it's located in a high rent area, so that's to be expected!

The music was a little loud, but it didn't seem to bother the young families. Overall, we plan to return next time we want some good BBQ!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent BBQ in Northern Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I tried this place because of its proximity to my home a few miles away. I was NOT disappointed. The place is small-ish, yet looks good. It includes a small beer/wine bar, and counter-order food with ample TV's and sitting areas. The food is excellent and quite a variety of sandwiches and plates are on the menu. The prices are cheap for the area and style of food. The portions are huge too. I've made several return visits and had to leave a review for it. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Murphy, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

My son liked his burger and my daughter liked her pulled pork. my husband was less than thrilled with his ribs. the beef brisket was a bit dry. the lemons at the beverage bar were bad. I had to dig around to find a good lemon to put into my iced tea. it took about half an hour for our food to come to our table. the couple at the table next to us only had half of their order delivered because the cashier messed up. not making plans to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food