“Yummy Yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Alexandria
“Yummy Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Went here last night with my date and we had a great time. The chis and salsa were delicious. They also have a great cheese dip, that I also loved. We had the steak fajitas and the quesadilla. It was delicious. I love Mexican food and this was sooo good. The reason that I it was not five stars was that we did not order alcoholic drinks and they were a little pushy about it. I would still go back, I just wish it was closer to me.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Haymarket, Virginia
“Relaxing family run Mexican restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is where we go for Mexican food close to home. The service is excellent, prices moderate and food fresh and delicious. I usually get chicken fajitas but have never seen anything that doesn't look good. I usually go with a large group of at least 8 and the service is always great. One thing to watch out for is the basket of homemade tortilla chips that comes before the meal. It's hard to eat just one....they are so light it doesn't feel like you've eaten anything so very easy to eat the whole basket. Parking is easy and it's close to lots of shopping so makes a good place to stop and have lunch of dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellevue, Pennsylvania, United States
“The BEST mexican cuisine ANYWHERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have eaten at many Mexican restaurants and this one take the prize. The food is authentic and the service top notch. The margaritas are a bit expensive but they are so so good. I generally have a combination platter of chile relleno, cheese or chicken enchilada and a tamale. Helpings are huge and well presented.

Visited August 2013
Elizabethton, Tennessee, United States
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

This is absolutely one of the best Mexican Restaurants we have eaten at! The salsa & guacamole were yummy & main dishes were so wonderful! I got chicken Acapulco that had a fresh cilantro relish that was so good! My husband got the chicken burito platter and loved it! The service was great! We were traveling thru the area having spent the last week in DC & now on our way home. Believe me if we lived in this area this would be a weekly place for us!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Happy Creek, VA
“Excellent Mexican food. Fresh and vibrant flavors. Cerveza mas fria!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We've driven past this place for months and finally on a Friday night after work we decided to give it a try. Right off the bat this place was hopping but we were seated immediately. Our drink order was taken pronto and brought out very quickly with some chips and salsa. Beers were extremely cold, the salsa was fresh and flavorful, and their chips are extremely thin and light. i asked for a side of habanero sauce and it's something they make in house and it is pretty hot; not flaming; but spicy and tasty. I ordered the pollo poblano and my mate ordered the pan fried beef chimichanga. First off when you order a dish with shrimp in a Mexican restaurant (pollo poblano) you usually get tiny salad shrimp but these were jumbo shrimp cooked and seasoned just right. The chicken was cooked perfectly, the sauce was tasty, and the black beans and rice sides were fresh and not the usual dull looking mass that you know came from a can or has been sitting in the steam table since lunch. The beef in the chimichanga was nicely seasoned, very tender, and again the sides were bright looking and very tasty.
Overall I highly recommend El Tio and I have been back 2 times for lunch, and 1 more time for dinner. Friendly service, fresh and vibrant food, and give their green pasty habanero sauce a try if you're a pepperhead. It won't light you on fire but it will give you a nice sweat sheen on your forehead, and leave you asking for "Mas Cerveza!"

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere