“Wonderful Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Front Royal
1801 North Shenandoah Avenue, Front Royal, VA 22630   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Front Royal B&B and Inns
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We were on our way to Florida and were lucky enough to stop at the Relax Inn in Front Royal we really enjoyed our stay everything was very nice clean plenty of room to park nice and close to our room we had free internet nice A/C was nice and cool, there is a nice big swimming pool so were able to have a very enjoyable swim which was good & refreshing after a long trip ,the price was the best of all the others in the area ,we will be staying there again on our way back to Florida we really like this place
Josephine Giddings

Room Tip: I just did
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Butler, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

We were looking for something cheap and with a pool on a HOT August day after camping for 4 days. This place met all my expectations. It's a bit dated, but at $49.00 a night, it was exactly what I was looking for. Backed up car to door of room and walked 5 steps to unload everything. Perect, no lugging suitcases up flights of stairs. Pool was well kept, had NO problems with staff at front desk. Gave me AAA rate w\o even producing a card. Super large King size bed. TV reception even on cable was a bit fuzzy, but we didn't come there to watch it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New Bern, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

As I write I'm sitting in my room. This is an old motel. It's not very clean, but they have made an attempt to keep it up. The TV is new. There's a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker too. I like being able to pull my car up to my room. Our king bed is hard as a rock. When we arrived the room was very hot. Although we turned the AC on when we arrived, the room is still not that cool. The bathroom is shabby with holes in the wall, smudges on the wall and tile, and fixtures in bad shape. The worst part is the tub though. The bottom of the tub is downright dangerous because it's so slippery. There's no bathmap either. There was also no towel for the tile floor, which is also dangerous when wet. I tried to call the front desk about a bathmat around 11:00 pm and no one answered after multiple tries. Steer clear of this place or at least bring your own bathmat and thick memory foam mattress cover.

• Liked — easy to find on 522, you can park in front of your room
  • Disliked — service poor, bathroom shabby, AC inefficient
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

I walked in to this motel late one weeknight. We had been in D.C. for a few days and were on our way to Shenandoah Valley on our way home.
The lady at the counter was very abrupt, acted as if I had committed a sin by not having my AAA card on my person and stood there for a moment thinking and tapping her pen.
"No card, no discount, and 4 people-that's...$65 plus tax." I tried to explain 2 of the 4 were young kids, but it made no difference and I offered to go out and look for my card, but she said, "NO CARD!"

I should have left, but I was exhausted and so were the kids. The whole place was empty, so at least we would get some sleep. She wrote up the ticket at $65.50 and added the taxes and somehow it was nearly $75 when she was done.

We went to the room and crashed, loaded up and left the next day. I felt ripped-off, but I guess it happens. At least the room was clean and quiet.

• Liked — It was very near Shenandoah Valley
  • Disliked — The price:value ratio.
  • Stayed October 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2007

Although small and older, this little motel met our needs. In addition, it had a pool! We wanted a place to kick off our trip down the Skyline Drive and this was a great little motel. The rates were reasonable, the rooms clean, and the staff friendly.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Relax Inn? Share your experiences!