“Best day on the river yet!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Richmond, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
“Best day on the river yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've canoed on different sections of Shenandoah River a number of times over the years, but this was the first time I did the section south of Bentonville, thanks to FRCC. We made our reservation for a canoe only a few days before our trip, to make sure the weather would cooperate. It did, and we went. They shuttled us to and from the river right on schedule. Friendly folks and great equipment.The only glitch: their credit card processing system was down when we arrived and we had to pay cash for our trip. Not a problem for us this time, but it could have been if I hadn't thought to bring extra cash.(In the future I recommend they take an imprint of the card and try to get their system up before we return from the trip.)

Visited July 2014

NYC
14 attraction reviews
“Terrific outfitters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We decided on the fly to go on the river, but not sure what we wanted to do: kayak? canoe? raft? Showed up, didn't need reservations, we told them what we wanted, our experience level and the time we had to spend on the water and they were like "No problem! Here you go..." and got us into a canoe, telling us we could do 2 hours or 4 and we could decide once we were out on the river.

Price was excellent, and they even had a little shop where we could buy a waterproof camera, sunhat, waterproof bags, Gatorade and peanuts for snacking, etc.

Service was friendly and knowledgeable and I would recommend this outfit wholeheartedly, they made it as painless as possible for an affordable price.

Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Take me home contry road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I love kayaking, and I wanted a sit on top tandem kayak. I wish it was self baling so take a sham wow with you. The put in and take out were flaw less, the guide gave perfect instructions. I swamped the boat the first rapid (they are very mild) and my butt was wet the rest of the way. It was hot, so it was easy to stay cool.

Visited June 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Took a 7 mile ride on a 4-person raft (3 ladies total). The folks at Front Royal Cane were great to work with, made everything clear and easy. We got a ride to our drop-off, a brief explanation about using the raft, and set out on a beautiful trip down the Shenandoah. There were very few people on the river early in the morning, and what a beautiful place. We did have to use our oars lots more than I expected, but it was OK. We had a wait a bit for the bus to pick us up after, but they came right away when I called them. Highly recommend!

Visited June 2014
Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“The Best Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Having never kayaked before and holding a pretty substantial fear of rapids, I was pretty apprehensive about taking a solo trip down the river. The staff was friendly and reassuring, giving me plenty of tips and personal stories to calm my nerves. This river trip turned out to be one of the highlights of my vacation: the river was calm and easily manageable with beautiful scenery the entire way. The #1 trip option is perfect for first-timers and allows you to paddle or float the short distance at your own pace back to FRCC.

Visited October 2013