“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Front Royal
Boston Area
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night on way to the Blue Ridge parkway. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Kim provided restaurant locations and suggestions. Room was clean and fresh. Hot water plentiful. Breakfast was above my expectation for typical Hampton fare. Plenty of seating and hostess was very attentive. Would not hesitate to recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Ask for the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ftryl, General Manager at Hampton Inn Front Royal, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest
It is our goal to provide you with a stay that is both relaxing and productive for you, providing you with excellent services pertaining to all of your leisure and business necessities. We hope your stay with us was enjoyable and truly wish to have you back.
Again, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn of Front Royal. You are a valued guest and we hope you will stay with us again. We are committed to your comfort.

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Although the front desk staff was very nice I don't that I would stay at this property again. The Hampton Inn on I-88 in Woodstock is much nicer. This hotel had been renovated, but it had that "smell" of an older property. The air vent in our room was disgustingly dirty.

The breakfast was an average Hampton Inn breakfast and suited our needs for one overnight stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the highway are noiser
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl 00609

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience with our staff, but we apologize for the bad smell during your stay. We understand that travel is very important and try to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us In the future.

I really appreciate your taking time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.
We want our guests to have the best stay possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.
Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Sincerely

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed one night at the Hampton Inn. Thought it was terrific. Arrived and the check in was fast and efficient. They were bringing out afternoon cookies when we arrived - they were delicious. Free 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate.
Our room was on the first floor, had a hot tub which was great. Big room, lots of space. Bed was very comfortable. Had full control over the room temperature. Black out curtains on the windows and super quiet. Did not hear a noise at all.
Breakfast the next day was included and was really good. Lots of selection both hot and cold. All in all I would highly recommend the Hampton, great value for your money

Dear travel17777

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is an old property but it is very clean and well maintained. Our room had been recently renovated and was spotlessly clean. Excellent location right off the interstate 66 and just a few miles off interstate 81. Front Royal, VA itself is a neat little town to visit as well. The price of this hotel is very reasonable. I have paid much more and gotten a whole lot less. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper be sure to ask for a room on the opposite side of the interstate.
Dear Gil B

Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The room, the hotel and the included breakfast are all a step above the norm. From booking through Mark! to our checkout , we were treated very well. The freshly baked cookies available when we checked in were a nice touch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ftryl, General Manager at Hampton Inn Front Royal, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Algonquin4

Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room itself was nice and clean except behind the curtains. We had the room with a hot tub and it was very big which was unexpected. The bed did seem to dip a little in the middle but was comfortable. We were on the road side and the road noise wasn't too bad, we kept the fan on the A/C running for white noise though which helped. It is only minutes from downtown which was nice. We were on the 3rd floor and could smell smoke from the 4th floor periodically. Perhaps it was because we were next to the stairs. The free breakfast was good as well as the free coffee.

The internet was really slow. I had my laptop, my wife's laptop and an IPAD and the wifi signal was strong but downloading pages was slow most of the time, whether in the room or at the breakfast area. We tried to watch a movie on Netflix but the quality was low and it stopped several times to buffer which took several minutes each time so we stopped watching it. Connecting it to the physical wire didn't help and it said I was connnected at 100 Mbps. I also tried watching the end of a game on ESPN3.com while connected and it was unbearable. I wasn't there for the internet but it would have been nice to have a better connection when I did want it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ftryl, General Manager at Hampton Inn Front Royal, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear CD

On behalf of the Hampton Inn Front Royal we are so glad you enjoyed our Spacious Whirlpool Suites, I would like to personally thank you for choosing us as your home away from home during your stay. We know that your hotel choice is one that reflects your desire for comfort and accessibility and we truly enjoy being able to fulfill those needs for you. I apologize the internet did not meet the standards, we don't get many complaints on that however I will investigate it further. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

First of all, let me say that from what I saw, there is a Hampton Inn a Holiday Inn and Suites and I bunch of independently owned sketchy motels in the town. My company has negotiated rates at both but I prefer Hampton over any of the other regular hotel types.

The Hampton Inn was newly renovated and the breakfast area was really modern and nice. The room was good - I stayed in a king regular room - however the AC unit was strange in the sense that I was unable to figure out how to heat the room or cool it. It was either pretty cold or pretty warm. I assume that was just due to my lack of understanding the control panel.

The breakfast was what you would expect at any Hampton, adequate and free!

Only real complaint was that their freezer had been broken so I was unable to buy any ice cream in the little store in the hotel.

All in all, if/when I come back to Front Royal - this is the only place I would stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear MKS011

On behalf of the Hampton Inn Front Royal, I would like to personally thank you for choosing us as your home away from home during your stay. We know that your hotel choice is one that reflects your desire for comfort and accessibility and we truly enjoy being able to fulfill those needs for you. Regarding the AC settings in the room, it is operated by the thermostat on the wall not the unit itself and our Freezer in the New Suite Shop is Fixed. Thanks for letting us know your feedback so we can continue to make presant stays for all of our guests.

Lisa Hogan

Been to Hampton Inn Front Royal? Share your experiences!